Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Life As My Phone Sees It 5/1/12 - 5/7/12

Lots of fun new photos to show you from last week!

5/1/12 - On the way home from yoga last Tuesday, I picked up some Mexican food and these sweet morsels from The Sweet Tooth Fairy for dinner and dessert (talk about undoing the workout I just did--whoops!). They were delicious. Mine is on the right (Salted Caramel frosting on a chocolate cupcake) and T's was on the left (Cookies N Cream frosting on a choc cupcake). YUM!
5/2/12 - Tried out those vitamins that the doctor prescribed for the first time. And the last. They are just PUTRID! You can see in the picture below that they are this dark orange/brown thick drops. The smell made me gag, but I tried giving them to him anyway (between sips of a bottle). He made an awful face and spit them all right out all over his clothes and the floor mat... thanks for the extra laundry. Not. So I asked friends for advice and most of them said that they never even needed vitamins and never ended up using them if they were advised to give them to their children. And all of their kids are fine. :) So, for now at least, until he can chew up Fred Flinstone gummies, I'm not going to force these down his throat. Especially so I don't have to smell that awfully gaggy smell on him all day. Yuk.
5/2/12: When Charlie and I got home from running errands that evening, I took off his jeans and left them on the floor. Then, when T got home, he took off his jeans and dropped them on the floor in exchange for some comfy basketball shorts. I couldn't help but laugh when I walked in the room and realized that both of my men had decided to "leave" their jeans on the floor. So I took a picture of them to compare the sizes, because I think it's adorable. I LOVE my men!
5/3/12 - I finally had ENOUGH of solicitors and people ringing my doorbell while Charlie was napping, so I put up this lovely sign. Yes, it's ghetto. But so far it's worked spendidly!! :)
5/3/12 - Mmmmmm carrots! I finally just let him go at it, since he gets pretty messy when he eats and I normally try to control it. And I let him hold the spoon. He seemed pretty happy. A bath soon followed :)
5/4/12: The new "complete sheet" for Charlie's crib came! It's cute because the big design is on the sides of the mattress, so they show through the sides of the crib, and the smaller pattern is like a normal sheet pattern on top. It's made so you don't need crib bumpers to show the cute pattern on the side. However, I will be keeping my crib bumpers because Charlie really needs them... he's always swimming around the sides of his crib, and I just want to make it soft for him (even though he's discovered how to pull them down and sometimes gets his arm stuck over the top of them haha).
5/7/12 - T ordered some golf clubs off of eBay. This is how the 4 Iron arrived... Errrmmm THANKS, Postal Service, for your LOVELY handling of our item. Now, granted, the seller also should have packaged it better, but SERIOUSLY... what did that golf club have to go through to be snapped IN HALF on the handle?! Of course USPS takes no responsibility. Hopefully the eBay seller will make it right!
5/7/12 - My little bug is getting pretty good at sitting on his own! And on Sunday 5/6 we found him sitting up and we didn't put him there! I think he got there from being on hands and knees. I am SO proud! :D

1 comment:

  1. I know this is a bit late, but my little one wouldn't take those nasty vitamins either, so my lactation consultant recommended vitamin D drops. All it takes is one drop to get the full day's worth of vitamin D. They're tasteless and one drop is hard to spit out! :) I use the D-Drops and they work great. Hope it works for you!

    ReplyDelete