Friday, May 25, 2012

7 Months Old

I can't believe how grown up my little boy is starting to look! He is still a baby, but he's slowly making his way from little baby to little boy and I can't stand how fast it's going! Although, it is really fun at the same time! Here is the picture I got today of him at 7 Months:
And here is the comparison. Yes, I know that the 4 month picture repeats, but this is a combination of 2 pictures because it's really hard to collage 7 pictures and make it look okay... Soooo yeah. :)

Some stats about Charlie at 7 Months:
  • Size 3 diapers
  • Size 6 and 6-9 and 6-12 month clothes
  • Eating lots of solid foods and likes most of them: peas, green beans, carrots, pears, peaches, prunes, squash, oatmeal cereal, rice cereal. Not very keen on sweet potatoes or bananas, but we'll keep trying. Also will be introducing meat this month!
  • Has "real person" poop now because of all the solid foods. Which means it's brown and smelly, but fortunately he doesn't go quite as often. On average about once per day. Prunes have been a lifesaver for moments when you can tell he's having a hard time getting it out! 
  • Laughs, smiles, and giggles so much. He is a very happy little boy!
  • About a week ago he learned how to SIT UP! Yay! And he sits up on his own from the hands and knees position.
  • Can stand very well with support, and is able to easily hold up all his weight, now we just need to work on balance.
  • Starting to get a little hair... just a little... but it's something! :) (See pic below)
  • Excellent with his hands. He can do almost anything he wants to with them now - grab, twist, feel, touch, shake, reach, pull, make messes, etc :)
  • Still puts his paci in upside down. I'm pretty sure he does it on purpose...
  • Great napper (2-3 naps per day) and great sleeper (12 hrs at night)
  • And as of today, he's started to CRAWL a little!! I am so proud and a little sad at how much he's changing! I'll try to get a video of him crawling when he's ready to show it off.
Wearing Dad's hat today... so cute :)

In this next picture you can kind of see how he's getting some hair on top. I'm so excited. Grow grow grow hair!! :D I also like how he's playing with his bear's foot.

And finally, no post would be complete without a video. Since he's becoming more mobile, he can sit up, and he's really good with his hands, he's able to start making messes. Like the one time I turned my back for one minute while he was in his eating chair on the kitchen table and I guess I left the open packet of pears too close to him because he leaned over, picked it up, and dumped half of it out! <Sigh>... It has begun! But anyway, right now it's cute that he's making mischief. I'm sure it won't be "cute" forever. But until then, enjoy this video:


I just love my sweet little bug. He really is the main source of happiness, light, and joy in my life, and I hope he spreads some to you too! :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your blog posts. They get me through some otherwise long, hard and trying days!!

    Thanks for being you and for being our daughter. I'm glad Heavenly Father let us have you for those few short years. Always be the best at whatever you are doing at the moment!

    A proud Dad and Bebop, indeed! - Love You....

    ReplyDelete