Monday, July 23, 2012

Twenty Five Years

Oh wow! Wouldn't you know it!? I'm a quarter of a century old. How did this happen? Better yet, WHEN did this happen? Oh... you're right. It was last Friday the 20th. Silly me. Well it was a lovely day. I got to spend the evening with 3 of my closest girl friends having a girl's night out (yes... that means NO kids!!!) in Salt Lake. Woo hoo!

I was so excited to get to explore City Creek Center mall for the first time. It's absolutely incredible. I have this raging desire to go back as soon as humanly possible. We ate dinner at Cheesecake Factory (one of my all-time FAVs!). Our fantastic waiter took this picture of us at the table. We look absolutely fabulous, if I do say so myself:
Of course I ordered the Godiva chocolate cheesecake (my ultimate all-time favorite dessert, ever!) and they decorated my plate with an appropriate "Happy Birthday to You". Oh yes, they also sang to me. I sang to myself too. Yes. I did. It's my birthday and I'll do what I want, thank-you-very-much!
Forced the ladies to take one more pic outside in the courtyard at City Creek. It was all lit up like a summery Christmas present. I'm pretty sure my heaven will look a lot like this mall.... :D Thanks for humoring me, friends!
On Saturday, I got to hang out with my sweet hubby and son. It was a fun, relaxing day. On Sunday, we made sure to break out my birthday "pie". It's one of those thaw and serve cookies and creme pies from the freezer section in the grocery store. It was delicious. Who needs a homemade cake anyway?!? You may be able to see that my candles are in the shape of the numbers 25. That was the hubby's creative idea.
And me, the birthday girl, holding my cake-pie. We took this picture ridiculously fast (after singing ridiculously fast) so we could dig in and consume it! Om nom nom.
Please excuse my crooked shirt. Apparently I'm still learning how to dress myself, even at 25 years old :) It was a fantastic birthday weekend!! 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday my sweet daughter. What a blessing that Heavenly Father saw fit to have your sweet spirit come to our home those 19 years.

    We have treasured every minute of having you in our lives. Now, there are two treasures to have and hold in your life. My you all cherish every minute of every day and savor the the blessings of your own little family.

    Happy Birthday, Skookie!

    Love,

    DadDY oH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday, Alex! It looks like a wonderful birthday weekend. You girls all looks beautiful and I'm so sad I wasn't sitting at that Cheesecake table with you, for more reasons than one haha. Love you!

    ReplyDelete