Monday, July 16, 2012

Salem Pond + Instagrams 7/6 - 7/15

Our big family holiday week ended with an afternoon trip to Salem Pond to eat dinner and hang out one last time with T's family. Since so many of us had been sick during the week, we felt like it would be nice to eat dinner outside and let everyone get some fresh air. It was a beautiful, breezy afternoon!

I let Charlie try watermelon for the first time. He wasn't sure if he liked it in the beginning, but quickly decided he enjoyed it. He even took a bite using his little teeth!
I realized after a minute that watermelon is pretty fibrous and doesn't really dissolve. Charlie kept rolling it around in his mouth and "chewing" on it, so I eventually had to take it out with my finger before he tried to swallow it and maybe choke. Watermelon is now on the list of foods to eat with the mesh feeder or just a little later when he has more teeth and can chew things up better. :)
My two boys, contemplating something deep...
We let Charlie do one of his favorite things - crawl around in the grass and try to pull it up and eat it :)
~~~~~~~~~~
I've been slacking a bit on taking photos through Instagram. Since I really only have two to post, I decided to lump them in with this post instead of make a whole new one. Both of them were taken on 7/10.

For this first photo, I was tagged in another "What You're Doing Right Now" post. I was in the middle of trying to keep this mischief-maker out of trouble! He loves to stand up and dig toys out of his basket.
And then I kid you not... 2 seconds after I had a chance to post the first picture, he was sitting on the carpet and decided to make a nice little poop. So nice, in fact, that it ended up squeezing out the side leg of his diaper ONTO MY CARPET. Yuck! So, needless to say, it was a "crappy" moment and the best thing for all of us was to get Charlie in the tub. And get some Resolve carpet cleaner soaking on the spot he made. Instead of throwing him in his baby tub like I normally do, I let him have his first bath in the big-kid tub!
I think he rather liked it! That is, until he stood up against the edge and his feet slipped and he fell over into the water and scared himself really good. *Sigh* Too bad you can't reason with an 8 month old and tell them they need to stay sitting in the tub. Back to the baby tub it is... just for a little while longer! :)

Oh, and in better news, the spot DID come out of my carpet. Thank-you-very-much! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment