Thursday, July 5, 2012

Life As My Phone Sees It 6/21/12 - 7/5/12

I've got lots of fun photos to show you this time. Life is good!

6/22 - 'Atta Boy Charlie! Steal Daddy's remote while he's sleeping! (Side note - it's pretty hard to get the remote from him, so Charlie definitely has the right idea!! Haha)
6/22 - Just an artistic shot of the moon from our apartments. Sometimes I go walking outside after Charlie is in bed so I can enjoy dusk, which is by far one of the best times of day in the summer!
6/23 - Got tagged in a "What are you doing right now?" post, and I had just finished cleaning my apartment (gotta love when I actually get in a cleaning streak!). I really love the feeling of a clean place, even if it does only last 10 minutes with my cute little drool bucket crawling around!
6/28 - Charlie got stuck on the frame of the chair. He wasn't too happy about it, but after lots of trying and fussing/whining, he finally figured out how to get his legs OVER the pesky bar! (These stupid chairs are going to be the death of me...)
6/28 - Later that day, we went up to Heidi's to go to a nearby splash pad with friends! Charlie and Emma are thoroughly enjoying their animal crackers!
6/30 - We enjoyed a family date out to the bowling alley! It had been so long since we had been bowling that we both had TERRIBLE scores (read between 60 to 85 points per game! ouch!), but we still had a fun time and I enjoyed that awesome one-cheek soreness and limp the next day! Woo hoo! The second picture is a shot of my favorite summer hairstyle this season: loose waves done with the straightening iron.
7/1 - Traveled up to Elk Ridge to celebrate Troy's birthday! Nephews Kanyon and Caden made that awesome Lego creation for Troy. What is it, you ask? Why, it's Troy's name made out of Legos! See? Now you can see it! :)
7/1 - Later that night, we got home late, and I got tagged in another "What are you doing right now?" post... so I posted this picture. We were trying to wrangle a very tired and cranky boy into his PJs so he could go to bed!! He only cries if he's really tired or hungry. Sounds a lot like me! Haha ;)
7/3 - Pictures of our pre-4th of July celebrations at a beautiful park up Hobble Creek Canyon. We all thoroughly enjoy this relatively new family tradition. We eat snacks, the kids play on the playground, and the guys enjoy a competitive round of home run derby! :) In the picture below you can see a mark on the bridge of Charlie's nose. It was caused by one of our kitchen chairs (THIS is why those chairs will be the death of me!). Charlie pulls himself to standing on the kitchen chairs, and this particular time he somehow pulled one down on top of him as he fell over backwards. Double whammy! He was SO upset, and we had to give him Tylenol. Stupid kitchen chairs... they are so light that they easily topple over. Blah. Well anyway, he pulled the chair over on him literally 20 minutes before we had to leave. Now he has a nice little bruise and swollen area on his nose and under his right eye.
7/4 - Happy 4th of July! I'll post a lot of details about the holiday in a different post, but here are my Instagram pics from the day: Balloons, Barbecue, Fireworks! (Feel free to click on them to see them larger)
7/5 - We're not sure if it's because he partied too hard yesterday, got in bed too late last night, is teething, or just caught a bit of the bug going around, but little man had a fever today and was soo sleepy, lethargic, and sad. I felt so bad for him. Well, a good dose of Tylenol and a nice, long afternoon nap seemed to help a ton! Broke his fever and helped him get back to normal. It's so sad to see your baby feeling sick, but it's SO sweet to have him want to cuddle and sleep on me. I soaked in that benefit to the max today! (Normally he won't slow down enough to even get a hug in without him pushing away... so it's Mommy Bliss to get cuddle time with her little man).
Hoping he's still feeling good tomorrow for his first trip to the zoo!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Are Charlie's eyes gonna stay blue?!?! They sure look like it. I have an idea about the chairs...tie the legs of the chairs to the table legs or tie all three chair's legs together. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete