Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fourth of July - Hot Air Balloons

July 4th, 2012; 6:30am - America's Freedom Hot Air Balloon Festival - Provo, UT
T and I have done this once before (the first summer after we were married) and we liked it so much we wanted to make sure to do it again. We arrived at the field before any of the balloons were inflated, so we got to watch while they were inflated with industrial fans and then lifted up with the hot air from the giant flames. It was so cool! This first picture I took looking inside one balloon after it had been inflated and before the hot air was added.

All pictures were taken by me, except for the one of T and I, which of course turned out blurry. Gah. Oh well, it's better than nothing. Enjoy! :)








Right as we were leaving, they finally got the CocaCola balloon inflated, ready to take off. I guess those guys were late to the party ;) We didn't stick around to see the balloons come back and compete in the bean bag toss (throwing bean bags out of the balloons onto a giant target laid on the field), but I think we saw the best part ;)

1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures! I must have gotten there with Joseph right before you guys left. We watched the Coke balloon inflate. Only a couple balloons made it back over the field, so you didn't miss anything really exciting.

    ReplyDelete