Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Goo Goo Dolls and The Pie! :)

Saturday night, Trevor and I went up to Salt Lake on a triple date with Randy and Jenny and Cole and Meghan! First, we went to the Pie (the most amazing pizza place in the world)! It's just a little hole-in-the-wall joint, but it's insanely popular. If you've never been, I highly recommend it!

Here we are posing with our pizza! It was half-and-half, catered to both of our favorite kinds of pizza! My half had chicken, spinach, warm tomatoes, and olives. His half was pepperoni, mushrooms, cold tomatoes, and olives. The pizza looks HUGE in this picture, but it was just a really good angle, so it looks like a giant pizza!Afterward, we went to the Goo Goo Dolls concert hosted by Nu Skin, a company that was having a convention to get its employees all excited about selling personal skin products, haha. A bunch of college kids (like us) had been given tickets by Nu Skin employees who didn't want them. When all the non-Nu Skin employees were allowed to pile in the Salt Palace to see them play, all the middle-aged employees were already sitting in the best seats close to the stage and they were saving seats for people, so we were forced to sit in the back. But as soon as the Goo Goo Dolls came out to play, half the people got up and left!!! Guess they had no clue who the band was and it was probably "too loud". So, slowly, all the college kids piled up toward the front and were jumping and cheering and having a great time. It was so fun to be able to get so close!
Here are a couple pics:

This one I took off the monitor... I only wish I were THAT close! :)
After the concert was over, they sent confetti into the air, so we took the opportunity to take a picture. Trevor is a true rocker! :) Me... not so much. We got a picture of me doing the same face, and... well... it's embarrassing.
Here's Cole and Meghan looking cute after the concert! I never got a picture of Randy and Jenny (sorry guys!) but I know Meghan did! :)The concert was a blast! They played a ton of their popular songs, including my personal favorite: Iris! :) It was an incredibly fun night in Salt Lake!!

4 comments:

  1. Looks fun! I loved the Goo Goo Dolls! didn't know they were still around!! What does trev want for his b-day?
    PS do you guys watch the new 90210? Well, I do and I think Trevor looks so much like Ethan on that show! It's almost scary the resemblence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a good time! And The Pie is a classic place... it's been there forever. Very popular with the U of U goers. :)

    I have no idea what Mical is talking about... Trevor looks nothing like Ethan on that show! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He so does! Check it out for yourselves. Its on the WB, Tues at like 9 or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta be honest... I googled pictures of 90210's Ethan... and Trevor looks nothing like him. Other than the fact that they are both highly studdish. :)

    I guess it's cuz I see him every day! There's no one like him!!

    ReplyDelete