Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Great Recipe!

Last night for dinner I decided to make a recipe that I had been craving from my past. It's one that I've helped my Mom make a few times and it's very delicious! It's a chicken broccoli cheese ring that you bake on a pizza stone! If you want to try it, here are some pictures and the recipe! :) I highly recommend it!



Chicken Broccoli Cheese Ring

2 packages of original crescent rolls (low fat are just as good)
1 cup chopped broccoli (I use the frozen stuff and heat it a bit)
2 cups (or 12 oz) cooked chopped chicken (I use canned)
1 clove of garlic, pressed
1 cup (or 4 oz) shredded sharp cheddar
1/2 cup mayo
2 tsp dill weed
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 375. Mix everything except crescent rolls in a bowl, using a fork to shred up chicken. Place crescent rolls around pizza stone like shown in the picture. Add the chicken mix on top of the crescent rolls and roll up the tips and tuck them under if there is excess. Bake for 25-28 minutes at 375.

5 comments:

  1. yummy looking! thanks for sharing. at first i was really impressed with the really well cut dough, then I read the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY HECK!!! I used to make this as a kid ALL the time...and I totally forgot about it! Thanks for bringing back all those wonderful childhood memories. I am def making this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful! I'm going to have to try that recipe. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a great recipe. i make chicken pillows all the time and randy loves them. i should try this recipe next time.
    i'm writing a cook book for work right now. can i include this recipe???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl, Thanks for pointing me to your blog. It's provided some great entertainment for the past hour. :-)

    Hey, if you're still looking for something to do with your recipes, if you use note cards, photo albums are great (that way you can look at them without getting them dirty). I use a small binder with page protectors (it's the size of a half a sheet of paper). I love it, and I don't have to buy note cards.

    Also, if you're still looking for great and easy chicken recipes, that's my specialty. We should get together and cook for our men sometime.

    ReplyDelete