Monday, September 29, 2008

Procrastination: My Specialty

So when it comes to doing homework, I always get it done... it just usually takes me longer to get around to it than it does to actually DO it. And today I've been especially bad. I have a project due Thursday I don't even want to think about and all the other typical reading assignments and quizzes to look forward to for tomorrow. So... what do I do? Of course! I decide to bake cookies. And not just the break-apart-stick-in-oven kind! (That's my usual) No sir-- this time, I decide to take the long route. I found a recipe on google somewhere and then went at it. Flour, sugar, vanilla, eggs, butter, baking powder, salt! Mix mix mix. Chill at least an hour (I went for an hour and a half). Then- I rolled and floured until flat and used a plastic cup in place of a cookie cutter because I don't have any! Then about 5 batches later (about 8 minutes each in the 400 degree oven)-- voila! I have cookies. The sprinkle ones are easy, of course, but the frosting ones... of course those take more time. Cooling... mixing color into the frosting... decorating... humming as I go. Finally! A masterpiece.

Except one thing-- I wanted soft cookies and these are the pretty hard kinds that are quite flour-based. Well I guess that's what I get for having no idea how to make REAL cookies!

Darn it. Maybe my next recipe will be for a completely different genre of sugar cookie-- soft and sugary! :)

But I AM pretty proud of my ziploc bag squeeze drawings! I feel like I'm 7 years old again!

Okay... now to the homework... four hours later! :)

4 comments:

  1. awww...I love all of your cute cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cookies look pretty yummy to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. whatever! hard sugar cookies are my favorite!!! Hate the soft ones. If you make another "bad" batch, send them up to building 13C!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What would I do with 4 hours uninterrupted??? ;) They look good, hard or not!

    ReplyDelete