Thursday, September 11, 2008

Finally!

I'm so excited!! After about 4 months of planting, watering, staking, and making sure they didn't get too much sun, my tomato plants are FINALLY starting to grow buds! And you know what that means! We'll be getting some tomatoes in a few weeks! And to think my dad said it was impossible to grow tomato plants from seeds! Well, they are officially about two feet tall and they now smell like tomato plants and they are furry as well! :) Here are a couple pictures!! Sorry this first one is kind of weird. I took it with a flash and the shadow makes it look fuzzy!This picture is SO neat! If you look in the middle there, you can see the little flower buds that will soon make flowers and then fruit! :) Nature really is amazing! (P.S. - if you click on the picture it will get big and you can really see all the amazing detail!)
I've been waiting for this for a while now. The plants have been growing really fast because they love our new porch where they get more sunlight (but not too much!). I can't wait to see what happens next!! :)

2 comments:

  1. whao! i'm so excited for your tomatoes!! it feels like i've seen them grow... from little baby plants to now big plants ready to bear fruits

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Way to go! I knew you could do it!

    ReplyDelete