Monday, January 14, 2013

Recap of 2012

I love looking back on my year and making a bullet list of the important things I remember from that year! Sadly, I just realized I never did it for 2011 (the biggest year of my life so far, since that's when Charlie was born!!). Oh well, at least I'll hop back on the tradition train and do it for 2012 :)
  • Rang in the new year with 2-month-old Charlie at a couple of my parents' friends' homes in Raleigh! We were at the Berriman's house and exploded paper poppers at midnight!
  • Discovered the wonders of Instagram.
  • Finally finished decorating Charlie's nursery.
  • My Mom and Dad came to town in mid-February and were able to watch Charlie so Trev and I could go on our Valentine's Day date to Park City. It was awesome!
  • Trev started at a new full-time job in February! Yay!
  • Charlie and I visited many parks and duck ponds all year long, and we spent a lot of time at story time at the Provo library with friends.
  • I went through the very traumatic experience of having my baby fall out of my arms onto the concrete and watching him recover. Fortunately, no permanent damage done. :/
  • The Easter bunny came to visit our home for the first time! And I made a bunny cake, as usual!
  • Celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary!
  • Bought a pass to Seven Peaks water park where Charlie and I frequented over the summer.
  • I ran the Dirty Dash, twice! Once in June, once in September!
  • Enjoyed the Olympics on TV, after finally purchasing a cable subscription and cancelling Netflix.
  • Had the biggest, most fun 4th-of-July WEEK full of family festivities and a bit of illness ;) Some firsts for Charlie included going to the zoo and seeing fireworks (which didn't scare him!!)
  • I turned 25 years old!
  • In August, I finally stopped pumping breast milk and it was the most freeing experience of my life!
  • Went to Jackson Hole with the Kimball family! Trev and Dave ran their first relay race from Utah up to Jackson Hole. They survived!! Then, we relaxed, played games, took pictures, and ate at Bar J!
  • My car got backed into on the way to Jackson Hole, in the middle of nowhere Wyoming. :(
  • Once home, I drove a Dodge Charger for a couple weeks while my car was getting fixed! 
  • Bought a brand new Canon Rebel T3i DSLR camera and I love it!
  • Went to NC for two weeks! (Trev just stayed for the first week and went home to work). This was Charlie's first beach experience!
  • Participated in two monthly photo-of-the-day challenges on Instagram!
  • My good friend Jenny Buck gave birth to her second child, sweet baby girl Amy.
  • Found out my friend Meghan Ballard was pregnant with her second baby! And even though he was technically born in 2013 (Jan 1st!!), we're still glad that little boy Nolan is here!
  • I was called as the Junior Primary music leader, and it's been a blast! Trevor served in the scouts this year and spent many a sleepless night in a tent on camp-outs! :)
  • Spent many hours of my Fall months searching, touring, and trying to find a house to live in! Submitted 3 offers, and finally got one accepted!
  • Charlie turned 1 year old and had a Curious George birthday party!
  • We had Halloween in Springville dressed as a little dragon, a knight, and a princess :) Gotta love family themes!
  • Attended just one wedding reception - my friend Megan Whitmore (McKarns, now) got married!
  • I voted for Romney. Alas, President Obama was re-elected. 
  • Trev turned 28!
  • Thanksgiving at the church in Heber City! Then, lots of fabulous Black Friday shopping, including my first (and, so far, only) visit to the new Outlets at Traverse Mountain! Gotta go back! :)
  • Trev was on steroids quite a bit this year for his Ulcerative Colitis. We are contemplating trying a new medicine regimen if this last attempt doesn't get him into a good remission.
  • After over 3 years, I finally quit my job as manager for Shy Property Management. It has been glorious. :)
  • Spent way too much time waiting for the builder of our home to "get a permit" to start work on the basement of our new house. 
  • Got family photos taken and sent out our 3rd annual family Christmas card.
  • Santa Claus visited us for the first time and left wonderful gifts for Charlie! Christmas was very relaxing not having to travel this year. 
  • Watched our lion's share of TV shows and movies this year, most notable TV shows include the Bachelor, Bachelorette, Walking Dead, Downton Abbey seasons 1&2, Gossip Girl, Friday Night Lights, Modern Family. Notable movies include Hunger Games, Dark Knight Rises, Skyfall, and Les Miserables... can't remember any others... well... I remember Breaking Dawn, Part II, but it's really not a notable movie ;) Honestly, I don't even think we got a babysitter other than my mother-in-law until close to Charlie's first birthday. Ever since then, we've been taking advantage :)
  • Charlie learned how to flip over, sit up, crawl, babble, feed himself, play, laugh, pull up, and walk! I think I'm going to be stunned how much he will learn in this coming year!
  • New Year's Eve was the lowest-key you could possibly imagine... waiting for the ball to drop on TV, then promptly going to sleep. In fact, Trev had already gone to bed, so I woke him up 5 minutes before midnight to celebrate with me with some Martinelli's. Wow. We are awesome!! ;)
It was a good year. Things to look forward to in 2013? Moving into our new home, having some sort of fun vacation(s), and maybe consider adding to our family! I guess we will see what time may bring! <3

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know you guys were building!!! HOW did I miss that?! Please do a post just on that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys partied as hard on New Years as we did. :-) And congrats on the house. I am so excited for you, and also suuuuper jealous. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great year! Congrats on the new house! I can't wait to see pictures.

    Oh, and by the way you're way cooler than Ben and me. We've never once made it to midnight on New Year's Eve. Lame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that I'm included in this post cause of my wedding! Whoop whoop!

    ReplyDelete