Sunday, January 6, 2013

Gym Results - Week 1

Well my first week of going to the gym every week day has ended! I even went on Saturday! It's so weird... once you start going, it feels so good you can't help but just keep on going!

Some results/observations from this week of working out include:

  1. Charlie likes playing with the other kids at the gym while I work out, which is great! 
  2. By day 3, I was so sore I could barely move, but it was all gone by day 4! 
  3. I like zumba classes. They are crazy, and I've never felt more uncoordinated in my life, but I think I'll keep going back! It's like dancing yourself skinny! :D
  4. I'm not so sure about cycling class. There was no happiness there, and I'm not looking to burn 600-900 calories in 45 minutes, cross-train, or lose a lot of weight, soooo I may not be doing that again. Yikes. I don't have the self-motivation for that. The teacher even said I looked pale and wanted to make sure I wasn't going to pass out. Double yikes.
  5. I may or may not have lost ~1 pound. Haha!
  6. My bum already looks better (a little more "lift" back there) and I've remembered that I have muscles in my tummy! Things are looking up! :)
  7. My happiness and energy levels have skyrocketed upward, and I think this is the greatest benefit I've been getting from the gym so far! I'm more productive and it's all really, really good for my life right now.
Anyway, for all you people who didn't believe that I'd actually go to the gym every day (*cough*EVERYONE*cough*)... well... take THAT! I did it for a week, and I plan on continuing to do it because, believe it or not, I am enjoying it! And that's despite the fact that the weather only got COLDER as the week went on. I traveled to the gym in single-digit and sub-zero temperatures! Boo-yah! :P

1 comment:

  1. Great job Alex! Your comment about being happier and more energetic really reminded me I need to start exercising again too! I'm not big on gyms but I can find other ways to exercise, if I make the time. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete