Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Beautiful Easter Sunday

I don't think we could have asked for a more beautiful Easter Sunday this year! It was sunny and a pleasant 72 degrees outside! I was so excited to celebrate Charlie's first Easter, so we made sure that it was a day of spending time with family and having fun!

We enjoyed a wonderful Stake Conference meeting from 10am-12pm, with lovely messages about the Resurrection and Atonement of Jesus Christ. It was a great reminder of the importance and true message of Easter: that He Lives! And because He lives, we can too!

On our way home from church, we had a neighbor snap a family picture in our Easter Sunday best:
Later, after Charlie took his early afternoon nap, we headed down to the duck pond south of BYU. Charlie had a lot of fun looking at the turtles, ducks, and fish! I just love how he is happy to sit there and just soak it all in. I can't wait until he gets excited and wants to throw bread at the ducks too!
After the duck pond, we traveled further south to Springville to have dinner with T's sister, Meghan. I had previously purchased everything we needed to make a nice Easter dinner, and when we got the invite the day before to join them, I offered to bring my food and cook it there! :) I'm not going to lie, it was fun to cook with Meghan in her large, gorgeous kitchen... complete with granite counter tops! Every time she went to set a hot pot down on the counter, I almost freaked out, but then remembered you could DO that with granite. Can't wait until I have that luxury one day! :D

We enjoyed a feast of honey glazed ham, sweet potato casserole, green beans, and Meghan's heavenly homemade rolls!
For dessert, we had the Cadbury Mini Egg cookies that I made (see recipe here) as well as my beautiful masterpiece bunny cake (I really think it's my best one so far!) :D... Here's a picture of this year's edition:
Oh! Of course, no Easter would be truly complete without a trip from the Easter Bunny! And happily, he did drop off a little something for our sweet Charlie, even though he can't eat any of it yet! We were all excited when we woke up to see what he left!
What a fun day! I can tell that holidays are just going to be so much more fun now that I have a little one to share them with. It gives me the desire to go above and beyond what I've done in the past... to make the day meaningful and memorable.

Happy Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment