Monday, March 19, 2012

Of Ducks, Slides, and Friends

Last Monday, the 12th, it was a beautiful (like, 70 degrees beautiful) day! My friend Nicole, who has a little boy Tyler (2 weeks younger than Charlie), invited us to come with them to the park down the road to feed the ducks. I figured it would be a lot of fun, so off we went! :)

After getting there and feeding my very cranky, hungry boy, we strolled over to the little pond and fed the ducks. Charlie thought it was pretty fun, especially when he finally noticed all the little ducks out in the pond swimming around and quacking. Even though he doesn't react much... I'm sure he's learning. I just can't wait until he's big enough to get really excited about the ducks :)

Here's my big boy sitting (for the first time!) in his stroller without the carseat! The seat was a little big, but he will grow into it before I know it!
After feeding the ducks, Nicole and I meandered over to the playground area. Charlie LOVES to watch other kids running around, so I thought we'd let them watch for a few minutes. Here is lovely Nicole with cutie Tyler:
Then, we got this incredible idea to go down the slide with our little ones! Nicole's camera has a setting where you can hold down the shutter button and it will take lots of pictures right after the other (*click click click*)... and we thought that would be a fun way to document our sliding :) So here we are, Charlie and me, sliding down a slide together for the first time!
Despite the look on his face, I really think he liked it! It was just kind of sunny outside. After this trip, I quickly learned that Charlie is going to need a little sunhat like Tyler's... so I zipped over to Target last week and picked one up... and he is SO cute in it!

On the stroll back to our cars, Charlie slumped over and fell asleep in his stroller (what a sweetie!)... I guess we just tired him out with all that fun!!

Now if this pesky snow would just go away so we can go outside and play again!! ;) The weather report shows it should be warmer later this week... crossing my fingers! CAN'T WAIT until SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment