Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas Festivities

Wow, okay... so I realize I'm two weeks late getting this posted. I haven't even been that busy. I guess laziness is just taking over. That tends to be how I get in January. Gah. Anyway, onto our Christmas this year!

First, we spent Christmas Eve at Trevor's parents' house in Elk Ridge, UT. I've stolen a couple of pictures off the blog of my sister-in-law, Meghan, to show some of the happenings:
We spent the evening eating a tasty Christmas ham, playing with all the kiddos, talking, snacking, eating desserts, and present opening of course! Trevor and I got mostly gift cards, but we were also able to add some dried apples to our food storage collection! Trent (Trev's little brother) had my name this year, and instead of being boring and just giving me money, he folded two 10-dollar bills into origami boots and even added a little price tag! So creative!!
The above picture is me holding up the "money boots" after opening them and the below picture is a close-up so you can see the detail he put into it! The back of the price tag had the Macy's logo on it! :)
After some wonderful festivities, Trevor and I traveled home to snuggle up and spend Christmas Eve in our own wonderful bed. :)

The next day, we woke up to find all the presents that Santa had left for us under the tree! (Picture is courtesy of my phone, sorry for the bad quality.) We spent the morning opening up all of our gifts and our stockings! It was a bounteous Christmas for us! We feel so blessed!
Trevor opened his main gift - a new touch-screen iPod Nano! :) Thanks Santa! It's SO tiny!!
Here are some of Trevor's stocking stuffers: golf tees, candy, deodorant, gum, iTunes gift card, travel toothbrushes, chapstick, more candy.... you get the picture, no?
Here are some of my stocking stuffers: candles, candy, socks, lip gloss, hand sanitizers, an AWESOME homemade bookmark by my mom, more candy..... again you get the picture right? :)
One of my favorite Christmas gifts is pair of yoga pants from lululemon. Talk about nice tush! ;) I seriously love love LOVE them! And a headband to match, of course!
Some of the other gifts we received included a gym membership for Trev, a really pretty pink sapphire necklace for me, and a NEW CAMERA! (Some of the pictures in this post were taken by my new camera, but I'm going to dedicate a whole post to this new item of mine because it's so AWESOME!!).

Oh! I forgot to mention that before we opened presents we got to Skype with my parents and other extended family in NC for about an hour and a half! We also got to be on Skype with them when they got the Christmas phone call from Mike (he's on his mission in Boise, ID). It was SO much fun to have us all together, even if it wasn't EXACTLY in person :).

So later, after Skype and present opening and getting ready for the day, Trevor and I went over to Meg and Steve's house at about 1:30pm. It was honestly the most fun day getting to play with their 4 kids' new toys! The highlight was getting to put together Kanyon's new huge Lego set! Oh man! Talk about fun! It took hours, but I hope I never get tired of putting together those things! :) Hopefully I have a kid who wants me to do it for him too! He he he....

For dinner they served us delicious cheesy potato soup and then after the kids went to bed we got to play a heated game of Pictionary on the Wii! SOO fun! Trevor and I pulled through and won at the last minute, but I will say it was a CLOSE game! :)

After the game I free-handed this wonderful landscape on the drawing pad :) Hahaha. Seriously, Christmas is about being a kid again, right? Well, it's a good thing I got in touch with my inner child!
Overall, it was the best Christmas I've ever had away from home in NC. It's sad that I wasn't able to be there, but I look forward to a fantastic Christmas celebration with my WHOLE family next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment