Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dinner with Friends

On Thursday, December 30th, we were able to get together with friends. These are not just any friends... these are, like, the greatest friends ever! They consist of 4 of Trev's closest high school buddies and their wives and kids. Namely: David and Heidi (and Kate), Randy and Jenny (and Henry), Shawn and Jana (and Luke & Boy #2), Cole and Meghan (and Girl #1).

Fortunately, Dave's parents were out of town so we got to use their nice, spacious house to host the dinner. Heidi and I were in charge of the main course of the meal. So, we each made our favorite mexican soups. Mine was a Chicken Tortilla Soup with a salsa/water/tortilla chip base and Heidi's was a Chicken Corn Chowder Soup with a bit of a kick with a cheese/cream/corn base. Both very different and equally as delicious. The 10 of us literally finished off two large potfuls of soup!
I didn't take a lot of pictures, but I'll show you the ones I did have. This one is Jana and little Lukey looking awfully darling :)
And here's Cole and Meghan with a foreshadow of things to come... haha :) They are holding Henry, Jenny's son, and Luke is at their feet. Meghan's due in March with her first little girl and we are SO excited for her!
Here are the Porters again - Jana and Shawn and Luke. Luke must have been cute that night because apparently he made it into ALL of my pictures. Sadly I didn't get a picture of anyone else. Shame on me! I even had my new camera! :(
Long story short, it was a VERY fun night full of food, friends, games, and laughter. I seriously love when we are all able to get together. We never know when this will be impossible to do anymore (Meg & Cole already live in TX but were visiting UT that week), so we have to live it up while we still can!

Love you guys! XOXO

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun night! haha I like how you say that pic is a foreshadowing. One is enough for now :) We miss you guys already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love you too and it was a delicious and fun night! wish we got together more... oh and luke appreciates his camera time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for get-togethers! Even if they don't happen often enough!

    ReplyDelete