Thursday, January 13, 2011

Recap of 2010

I was reading through my old blog posts the other day, and then I realized that last January I did a re-cap of all the great things that happened in 2009, so I thought it would only be fitting to do the same thing for 2010. Now, I have to qualify that 2010 wasn't nearly as "peachy" as 2009, so I'm going to have to include a couple of negative things that made 2010 the way it was. But, here goes:
  • Trevor fell really, really ill and had many visits to the doctor, resulting in having a colonoscopy that showed that he has the digestive disease called Ulcerative Colitis.
  • I had to deal with a major flood at one of the apartments I manage.
  • I was called to be the Ward Music Chairperson and Choir Director in our ward and I did it for the entire year, meaning I put together my first ever Christmas Program!
  • We were able to welcome cute little Kate Kimball into the world and spend a lot of time with her (congrats Dave and Heidi!)
  • Got to go skiing with my friend Melanie!!
  • Trevor and I celebrated our 4th Valentine's Day!
  • I became a certified yoga instructor after completing a 200-hour training at It's Yoga.
  • Stopped using the birth control pill!
  • Got to visit Zion's National Park and the Grand Canyon with my parents (including hiking Angel's Landing - the most intense and awesome hike I've ever done!)
  • We celebrated our 2 year anniversary!!
  • Trevor spent every week of the summer months (not including weekends) in Las Vegas expanding his parking enforcement company.
  • Heidi and I drove to Vegas with a 4-month-old (Kate) and survived! We visited our hubbies for the weekend and we got to go to the M&M factory on the strip! Trevor and I also dined at Cheesecake Factory and got to putt some golf balls at his golf club down there.
  • Traveled to NC for 10 days where we got to go to the beach, see lots of family and friends, and just enjoy vacation!
  • I turned 23 years old and Trevor turned 26!
  • I laid out by the pool A LOT with my friend Christina! Trevor played a lot of golf with his friend Dave.
  • Welcomed our sweet, sweet nephew Kelan into the world. He is so sweet! Congratulations to Meghan and Steve! I also got to spend a lot of time helping out at Meg's house since she now has 4 little ones! :)
  • We changed health insurance (again!)
  • I got a raise!! And a 401K!
  • Happily welcomed Henry Buck into the world (proud parents are Randy and Jenny)
  • Found out the Ballards are pregnant, due this coming March!! Congrats you two!
  • Found out the Porters are pregnant AGAIN, due sometime next year! Yay again!
  • Welcomed my aunt Kelly and uncle Jim into our home for a couple days while they were traveling and we got to hike to Timp Caves together and also went out for dinner at the best restaurant in SLC!
  • Got to see the lead singer of Dashboard Confessional in concert with my friend Miriam!
  • Halloween at Meghan's house (for me) and at home (for Trevor because he was sick). At work, I dressed up as a bumble bee!
  • Got Trevor feeling better (FINALLY) by him taking prednisone. We also changed GI doctors and found one we like much better!
  • Tried for months to get pregnant, and failed :(
  • Had Thanksgiving at Trevor's parents' house with lots of yummy pies!
  • Great time shopping on Black Friday with the girls and lunch at Pizza Factory.
  • Changed positions at my company
  • Discovered the wonders of Amazon.com
  • Trevor got 10 cavities filled! Wow! Thank goodness we finally got to the dentist!
  • Made our first Christmas cards ever!
  • Spent Christmas Eve at Trev's parents and Christmas day at his sister, Meghan's house playing with Lego's and the Wii!
  • Learned a lot about patience, temperance, love, sacrifice, and enduring.
  • Read the first book of "The Hunger Games" series
  • Had our New Year's Eve dinner at CPK and watched the ball drop on TV in the comfort of our home!
Wow! As I was making this list, there were so many things that we did! Even though I would consider it a tough year overall (or at least one of the toughest I've had so far), we sure did make some great memories still! I can't wait to see what unfolds for us in 2011!!

Love,

Alex

2 comments:

  1. What a crazy year!!!! I think it's true to say that as the years pass they become crazier!!!

    Your parents told me a while ago that you and Trevor were trying. I'm so sorry it hasn't been working out! :( I hope this isn't intrusive for me to say, but I really feel like that could quite possibly be the hardest thing anyone could go through. It's something you want so badly and it's such a righteous decision that you would think after praying/fasting/etc. that the Lord would bless you, but, obviously, sometimes our blessings don't come right away. It took my parents a while to get pregnant, and I know that it was really frustrating for my mom, especially. I wasn't born until they were both 35. I'll keep you in my prayers!!!

    And coming from someone who became a mom 2 weeks before turning 20, enjoy your freedom while you can!!! Enjoy the sleep! Enjoy the travelling! Goodness gracious, enjoy making dinner without screaming in the background!!!!

    Kids are such a joy, and you'll make one heck of a mom!!!! We're rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it has been a tough year for you two but i'm sure your feeling blessings of growth right?! i'm sure 2011 will be a great year!

    ReplyDelete