Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Autumn Leaves, Rainbows, and Mud

Last Saturday, September 29th, our little family of three went on our annual drive up the canyon to see the fall leaves! It was little Charlie's very first time to join us in this 5-year-running tradition! This year we went by Sundance again. It was a lovely drive, but we decided that we should have gone the week before to see optimal color (the canyon was AMAZING the week before when we drove through it on our way to do the Dirty Dash. Regardless, I got some pretty awesome pictures. Enjoy!
Bridal Veil Falls:
Here's my handsome hubby, trying to block me from taking a picture. Well, too bad hubby. I got you! And you're quite handsome! :)
This rainbow appeared on the late afternoon of September 24th during a birthday party for one of Charlie's neighbor friends, Gibson. It was soo beautiful and if you look really hard... it's nearly a DOUBLE rainbow! :P
Also, as mentioned previously, T and I ran the Dirty Dash on September 22nd! I had so much fun the first time that I wanted to do it again and dragged my hubby along with me! It was definitely more chilly this time, but we warmed up quick once we got running... although you'd get a wake up call when you jumped into a freezing cold muddy pit! ;) We ended up doing the full length of the course - it was a 10K! I was so proud that I accomplished it, but I was glad to be done when we were because my IT band / knee issue started hurting at the very end. Blah. Overall, it was a gorgeous, fun day. Thank you to my neighbor Tara for watching Charlie for us so we could go! And thank you to the photographers who took pictures of us in all our glory and didn't manage to lose them this time! ;) Here we are with Shawn and Jana:
We are very intimidating, no? ;)
Fall has just begun and so far it's been a lot of fun! Can't wait for what's to come... I foresee picking pumpkins, falling leaves, Charlie's birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, cardigans, caramel apples, and lots of football games! :) Stay tuned...

1 comment: