Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Dirty Dash

On June 2nd, 2012 I had the opportunity to participate in my first (and hopefully not last!) Dirty Dash up in Midway, UT at Soldier Hollow (golf course / ski resort). It was fun, it was hard, and it was MUDDY! I got to run it with my friend Jana and her sister Kelley. Trevor and Charlie came up to watch the fun!

Please enjoy the muddy pictures!! :D

I had to hold Charlie away from me so he didn't get covered in mud too. You can tell he was "over it" pretty quickly! "Uhhhh Mom.... can I get down now!?"
 Messy Mama's!! Yeah!!
Our awesome homemade t-shirts! Mine said "Chargin' for Charlie". Jana's said "Cruising for Crew" (one of her sons) and Kelley's said "Leaping for Luke" (Jana's other little boy).
Whenever I started to lose steam, I reminded myself what my t-shirt said and I really would push harder. That and I was running with two amazing ladies who have run half marathons before! Yikes! It's nice to be pushed, though. It was also nice that at each of the obstacles there were small lines so you got to stop and catch your breath! :) That's MY kind of race!!

I plan on doing it again in September! Who's with me!?!?

1 comment: