Friday, June 22, 2012

Father's Day Weekend

Our Father's Day weekend this year was packed with fun, friends, and family! On Friday and Saturday, I put together a video for my Dad (Bebop to Charlie) for Father's Day with a picture slideshow and video. You can see the full video here, but here's a couple of my favorite shots:
We're sad that we live so far away from my parents, but thank heavens for technology (like Skype and videos) where they can get a little glimpse of him without being here.

Later on Saturday, like I said before, we all met up with Chris and her boyfriend Mike at Shoga (sushi!) for lunch. It was soo tasty! And I have to mention that it was Charlie's first time sitting in a highchair at a restaurant. I was probably more excited than a normal person would be. We then went home and Charlie got a great nap before we headed over to dinner at La Jolla Groves in the Riverwoods (second time in a highchair - that's twice in one day!). It was so fun to see my Aunt Kelly and Uncle Jim, as well as my brother Mike:
 And after dinner, we all got to watch Mike's band, the Hucksters, do their thing:
Charlie LOVES his Uncle Mike! And he showed it by wearing his "My Uncle Rocks" t-shirt! Woo hoo!
We got home late that night and crashed from our long, fun Saturday.

On Sunday, we went to church. Charlie sported this awesome Hawaiian-style shirt that Kelly & Jim purchased for him. It was SO awesome, and fit great! We call it the Uncle "Jim shirt" because Jim always sports these fancy Hawaiian shirts (see dinner picture above for an example!).
After church we drove down to Elk Ridge to have Father's Day dinner with T's parents. We had a ton of fun hanging out, eating, and playing (although I forgot to get pictures whoops!). Charlie loves spending time with Grandma and Grandpa Shipp! Overall, it was a fabulous weekend!

Happy Father's Day to everyone, especially my wonderful husband who has turned out to be an even more wonderful father!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment