Monday, October 22, 2012

Life as My Phone Sees It 10/6/12 - 10/22/12

10/9 - Tuesday - Had a chance to meet up with Heidi and her two sweet girls at Wines Park in Lehi. Here are Charlie and Emma, nearly 1-year-olds, playing (or, in Charlie's case, eating wood chips) at the park. The second pic is my sweet boy on the swings: his FAVORITE part of the park:
10/11 - Thursday - Charlie and I went to surprise T at work with some dinner. We'd never been to his office in the 8+ months he's worked there (not because we didn't try, but because he always said not to worry about it). Well, this time we surprised him, so he didn't have a chance to decline the invite! :) I think he was happy about it, especially the fact that he got to see Charlie and eat a yummy dinner during a very long work day (5am to 10pm!!). While we were waiting for T to get off the phone, Charlie decided he had some very important "work" to do too! :P
10/12 - Friday - We found this NASTY black widow right outside our door. After taking a moment to "ooohh" and "ahhhh" and freak out a lot and take a picture, we promptly killed it. And then I called my management company (again) about our apartment's spider problem. I called at 4:50pm on Friday, so of course no one answered. And I still haven't heard back. Grrr!
10/13 - Saturday - We took a rare whole-family trip to the grocery store. It was a lot of fun, and T managed to capture this ADORABLE picture of our little man, wearing his Daddy's hat!
10/14 - Sunday - Charlie's nap schedule was off (ugh!) and so he ended up falling asleep on me in church. The caption for this picture is: "Church is very exciting today..." :D
10/16 - Tuesday - The second picture (above) was taken during our family outing to Yogurtland that afternoon. It was so much fun because it was totally spontaneous, and if you know anything about our family, you'll know that we normally don't do spontaneous things. So this was a delightful treat for us, in more than one way! ;) Charlie LOVED the frozen yogurt. I'm pretty sure he'd live off of it and nothing else if we let him.

10/18 - Thursday - I finally got around to making the pumpkin cinnamon roll with caramel frosting recipe I found on Pinterest weeks ago. I had been putting it off since it seemed like a rather daunting task. I've never made anything with yeast before, even though I've always wanted to. This recipe involved letting dough rise, kneading it, and rolling it. Honestly... it was SO much work. And the rolls were SO good. But, based on the time-to-reward ratio, I think I'll stick to my oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. ;)
10/19 - I had a "me" morning getting my hair done at Hailee's salon, MJays, in Santaquin, UT. I always enjoy the time away and the girl talk. It's amazingly therapeutic. <3 You can see Hailee in the background tending to business while I "process":
10/19 - Friday - I found a temporary new use for Charlie's push wagon! It makes a nice book reading and TV watching chair. He sat in it happily for nearly 15 minutes before wanting to come out!
10/19 - Friday - Took a few minutes before T's company work party at a park to take Charlie's 1 year old pictures. Sure, I took them 6 days before his birthday, but as far as I can tell, he's not going to change too drastically in those 6 days ;). Anyway, here's a sneak peak of what I captured. I'll post the rest later, when his birthday actually arrives!
10/22 - Monday - Tonight was a crafting and watching the debate night while T was at work. And now I'm blogging. It's nice just to do things that have been on my list!
Hope you enjoyed! While posting this entry, I decided that I should be in more of my pictures. And it's not because I'm vain and like seeing myself, but I really think it's important to document what I look like right now so my kids and look back one day and say "Oohhhhh Mom! You looked so young!". :D

No comments:

Post a Comment