Wednesday, June 29, 2011

In's and Out's

Life has been changing a lot lately. There are lots of new things happening and it's been really fun. I wanted to show you some of these changes in terms of things that go "out" and things that come "in".

Things that go OUT:

1. My belly, of course!! :) Yesterday I was officially 23 weeks along! And boy is that belly popping OUT fast now! Along with my belly, my belly button is making it's way OUT. It hasn't popped yet, but over the last couple weeks I've watched (to my dismay) as my once very deep "innie" belly button has sneaked closer and closer to the surface. It's only a matter of time at this point until it becomes an "outie"...

2. My brother-in-law, Troy, who was OUT like a light during our family vacation to Las Vegas this month. Sadly, this is the only picture I snapped while we were there, but it definitely deserved a spotlight on my blog, don't you think? He was so out that we were able to decorate him with a pretty little bow :) .... Blackmail much!?
But anyway, Trevor and I made a quick trip to Las Vegas on June 18 & 19 for my nephew, Caden's, baptism. He is the second oldest of Mical's kids and it has been fun, so far, to make a tradition of attending their baptisms when they turn 8 years old. For more pictures of the baptism day, you can see some pictures that Mical put on Facebook here. We had a lot of fun just eating, talking, sleeping (as you can see), and just being with family. Trevor got to go to a local baseball game with all the guys and I had a chance to lay out by the pool for a little while. It really was a fun weekend! But way too short!!

3. My poor old car, Ethel, has made her way OUT of our family. I was hit by another driver while driving to work on June 9th, and I'm pretty sure that the insurance adjuster is going to call me any day to let me know that the damage exceeds the value of the car (Blue Book estimates probably around $1,500 with the current condition and mileage of my car). So, here's my old friend sitting in a little junk yard, waiting to be taken to... umm... car heaven? The dump? Where do old cars go? I have no idea.
Anyway, you can see where the other car ran right into my front driver's side wheel area. Tilted the wheel (probably bent the axle) and caused pretty good damage to the area all around the wheel well. My driver side door wasn't able to open after I was hit because of all that "crunchage" either. Here's a closer look:
While I am a little sad to see Ethel go (I mean, she did tote me around for 4.5 years... even if she was the least reliable car I've ever driven), her absence means there is room for a new car to come in... and that brings us to our IN list. :)

Things that come IN:

1. We have recently welcomed (as of Monday) a new car INto our family, to replace Ethel. This car is a pretty little 2007 Honda CR-V with about 57,500 miles on it. It may not have all the bells and whistles, but it drives beautifully and we got it for a great deal! Here's a picture I found online of one that looks exactly like the one we purchased. I haven't had a chance to take pictures of our actual car yet, but they probably wouldn't be much different than this one:
Anyway, we haven't named this little beauty yet, but I am so glad to have finally gotten through the car buying stage and now I have a nice, smooth, safe, reliable car to drive - extra important for when baby boy gets here!

2. Baby boy is IN my belly. And he will be coming INto our family in just about 4 months! I can't believe how quickly time is flying! I can't wait for him to arrive, but I'm glad I have time to get some things together.

3. We will be flying IN to North Carolina two weeks from today for our big summer vacation! Oh, and did I mention that my brother, who has been on a mission for two years, will be flying IN to the RDU airport the day after we get there!? I'm so excited to see him and welcome him back!

4. About a month ago, the company I work for went through a split, and we recently moved IN to a new office just down the road. I once again have my own office (instead of just a cubicle yay!) and I love the change of scenery. I can even see the bank of the Provo river outside my window. Nice :)

5. There are lots of other things that we are expecting to see come IN throughout the coming months (i.e. baby furniture, Trevor's diploma, income from Trevor's businesses as he has a chance to really work on them, etc.). I'll be sure to keep you all updated!

7 comments:

  1. Such a creative way to post! Always love your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what Jenny said. I liked the OUT and IN commentary. Lots of changes coming your way. Robert and I are happy for you both. Good luck with all the transitions and tell Trevor good luck on the the business and congrats on the finishing up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so exciting! just enjoy it all and dont stress about it can't wait to see what else comes "in" and "out"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is great I just blogwalking
    If you are interested please visit my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honda looks very nice.
    Congratulations pregnancy. I have a small baby (brother) who has only 3 days. It's amazing. You make interesting post :)
    Greets from Poland :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want a CRX!
    Where do you work?

    ReplyDelete