Sunday, June 5, 2011

The BIG Appointment!

So, Trevor and I went to the "big" ultrasound appointment at 2pm on Friday, June 3rd. I've looked forward to this appointment ever since I set it a month ago. I just couldn't wait to find out if baby Shipp was a boy or a girl! Both Trevor and I had feelings that "it" might be a boy, and there's been many times that I've slipped a "he" while talking about the baby. So, I was excited to put an end to the mystery ;)

Well, the good news is that Trevor and I were RIGHT! We will be welcoming a baby boy into our family in late October! And so far, everything looks healthy! Here's a picture of me a day after the ultrasound (looking less big in this picture... it fluctuates based on the day and hour... what I ate and how full my bladder is!):
So, yeah! It's a boy. I guess the blue colors don't really go along with my hot pink camera. Haha. Anyway, I'm sure you'd also like to see the ultrasound pictures, eh?

Here's the first one, proof that he's a boy. I actually feel a teeny bit bad showing off his little man parts on the world wide web. But, it's still fun to see! The u/s tech froze the screen at this shot and I was almost 100% sure I knew what I was looking at before she told us. She was showing us his leg bone, and I said, "it's a boy, huh?". I don't know, but I feel like if I were trying to not find out, I would have been disappointed. For me, it was pretty hard to miss ;)
This next one is a frontal face shot of our baby. It's what Trevor and I call the "creepy picture". It's very fun to see the shape of the head and face, but really, it looks like something out of a horror movie. Don't stare too hard for too long ;)
The last few are harder to make out. This one shows both arms. I can't really tell how to make out the picture on the left (this arm was laying down by his side and it was hard to find). But, the arm on the right is really neat! He had this arm up near his head and we got to see an awesome shot of the lower arm bone as well as those little fingers and a thumb. I guess it does kind of look like a "thumbs up", huh?
Here are his legs. The leg on the left is bent and he's upside down. The foot is at the top of the picture with the toes facing toward the left, then his little knee bends down near the lower left-hand corner. See it? Good :) Again, the other leg was hard to find and capture, especially because he was kicking so much at this point! :) Totally a future soccer player. No question. I started feeling him around 17 weeks and it hasn't stopped since ;)
Last one. So cute. He put his little feet together. This shot is looking from the bottom of his feet and you can see his little toes (pointing toward the right). So sweet. I can't wait to squeeze those baby feet in real life :)
Anyway, it really was wonderful. We are so happy and I can't wait to meet him, although I'm sure the next 20 weeks are going to take a loooong time. :)

Oh, and just for fun, here's an "artistic" collage of Trevor and I goofing off in front of the mirror. But I thought it was fun because you can kind of see my belly from more of a front angle. It seriously just looks like I've been eating too many burgers and cookies. (Which I probably have, but shhh don't tell anyone!)
Hope you enjoyed! :)

7 comments:

  1. You guys are darling! We need to come visit!
    Congrats on baby boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I loved the photos, especially the ones at the end with Trevor and you. Y'all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooohhhh....thanks little mamma! Thanks for sharing the photos of you and lil bean...and for giving us our first sweet grandchild! Love you and Trevor...sooon I will see you in person. I am so excited!!!! Love ya bunches, big momma <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! And don't feel bad for thinking that ultrasound pictures can be creepy. I used to call Lily and Skyler "Voldemort Babies" when I would look at their pictures. Ben wasn't too pleased with me, though. ;)

    You're looking cute as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun!!! So excited for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!! I knew it! Little boys are so fun!! I felt the same way about finding out if Jaxton was a boy, she got to that part and it was a DEFINITE boy before she told us and I would have felt bad if I didn't want to know because it was so obvious. But I'm excited for you guys! Keep up the pics! They're so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your little boy--too fun!

    ReplyDelete