Sunday, May 16, 2010

Strawberry Freezer Jam!

Just to prove to the world that I can be domestic when I feel like it - here's some proof:I made homemade strawberry freezer jam! Mind you, it's really not too hard to make. Just buy the yellow box of pectin, some sugar, and strawberries, and follow the directions! Then, VOILA, you have very cheap, tasty jam that you can store in your freezer for up to a year. And it really is so tasty without all those preservatives that you get with the store-bought stuff! For mine, I used a potato masher on the strawberries instead of blending to get those nice-sized strawberry pieces! SO good on Great Harvest bread or homemade yeast rolls. MMMMMM!

Are you drooling yet?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, and I'll go get my OWN freezy jam out' the fridge now and chow down! Great idea. MMMMM! (We just made it for the first time ourselves and are STILL finding reasons to make anything that we can dump jam onto. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so domestic. ;) My kids won't eat anything but my freezer jam now. Good thing it's summer and I can make some more soon because we're running low!

    ReplyDelete