Sunday, May 9, 2010

Back to Zion

Day 4 of our trip, we decided to stop back through Zion for one last day of beautiful scenery, hikings, and fresh air. We went on the Emerald Pools hike -- not to long or strenuous, but still highly rewarding! On a bridge overlooking the river:
The first stop of the hike, about 0.6 miles in, is the lower pool with its gorgeous waterfalls:
So, we took lots of pictures, of course! Here's Mom and Dad:
And me and Trevor:
Takin' a quick drink ;)
I guess I got thirsty too!!
Starting the second leg of the hike -- another 0.3 miles to the middle pool. There was some pretty cool parts to this hike... like this one:
We finally made it through all three legs up to the upper pools where there was the very tall waterfall that started the whole beautiful process:
On the way back down, we decided to do some REAL hard-core rock climbing! Up on the cliffs with no ropes! Here's my Dad:
Me, reaching the top!:
Don't fall Trevor!! Just pretend you can't see the ground here, please and thank you :)
My Mom can even rock climb! What a daring mother she is!
One more picture of me.. looks pretty legit, huh? ;)
Our wonderful vacation was so much fun that I actually started to have mini anxiety attacks the Sunday before I knew I had to go back to work. BLAH! WORK! But, hey, I survived. Life is good!

1 comment:

  1. It took me a second to realize that in those couple of pictures you weren't actually drinking the water! Haha.... I was thinking to myself, "they must have gotten totally soaked!" Then I realized how stupid that was of me.... haha. It was good to see you at the wedding! I flew home with your parents and they were telling us all about y'all's adventures at Zion's and the Grand Canyon. Glad y'all had a blast!

    ReplyDelete