Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Grand Canyon!

So on day 2 we woke up next to the beautiful Grand Canyon! We spent the next couple of days exploring the canyon, playing games, and enjoying each other's company. Here's some pictures for your enjoyment:The husbands overlooking the canyon and the Colorado River:
Me and my Mommy:
Breakfast, Day 3, at the nice hotel nearby:
Me and my sweet Daddy:
The fam (minus Mike on a mission) out on a rock with the canyon two feet behind us!:
My Dad had a birthday while we were at the Grand Canyon! Happy Birthday Dad!
Both my Mom and my Dad turned 52 last month, but let's be honest - They still look like they are 32!!! :)
Beautiful skies - windy - and such a great day at the Grand Canyon:
On Day 3, we decided to take a short hike (maybe the first 3/4 of a mile or so) down into the canyon. The trail continued many miles to the bottom of the canyon and lots of adventuresome people will take multi-day hikes down to the canyon, camp, and hike back up. We decided we were going to do that one day. It really was pretty! Here's part of the trail that they built through the rock:
I sure do love my family. We really did have so much fun!
Inside the Grand Canyon's watchtower near the end of day 3 -- Trevor and I were up on the third floor with my Dad taking this picture from below. Pretty awesome ceiling, huh?:
After lots of good food, playing nertz games in the hotel lobby, and plenty of outdoor adventures and sunshine, we made our way back to Zion National park to see if we could find another hotel. We were having so much fun we decided to stay one more day!! :) We found a hotel outside of Zion's for Wednesday night and then spent another day at Zion's on Thursday. Stay tuned for the next post!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment