Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas 2009!

Christmas was a little more low-key for us this year as we didn't travel to North Carolina for any festivities. I was pretty sad to not get to see my family, but in hindsight I'm really glad we didn't fly out because it would have been a hassle at the airport dealing with the crazy amount of winter weather as well as the terrorist threat on Christmas Day. Flying would have been a big headache and, for that reason alone, I am glad we didn't go to NC. But thank goodness for Skype where we had the chance to say hi and chat with everyone over there! :)

Our Tree and stockings (taken with my phone, sorry for bad quality) :
So Trevor and I spent a lot of time with his family as well as just doing a lot of relaxing around the house. Of course, we made gingerbread houses, as I posted earlier. Our big Christmas gift to each other was a Wii! It's been a ton of fun so far and I have this hilarious video of Trevor hula-hooping on Wii Fit, but he said he'd be VERY unhappy if I posted it, so you'll just have to imagine how funny it is! :)
On Christmas Eve day we went up to Trevor's parents' house in Elk Ridge. Trevor got a haircut (finally!!) and I spent some time baking a Fool's Toffee recipe that my mom always makes. It wouldn't be Christmas for me without it, so I tried my hand at making it and it actually turned out pretty well! Grandpa Kayle even requested the recipe!!

A little later we had their traditional Christmas dinner and we made more gingerbread houses with Kanyon and Scarlett. Finally it was present opening time! Here is Jill with Kanyon and Cohen. Kanyon was being so nice to "help" Cohen open his gifts--although Cohen really gave it a good try!
And here's my niece Scarlett with her new Ariel PJs on! Such a cutie with those pigtails! She would twirl for us too, and MY! what a nice twirler she is! :)
And I had to post this picture too! Grandma Deanna got a SNUGGIE for Christmas! She modeled it for us and I had to snap a picture! Lookin' good! I'm actually a bit jealous now that I know about 5 people who got a snuggie for Christmas. I think I'd really use something like this since I'm ALWAYS cold! Even in the summer!
After most everyone left, Trevor and I played a game of Settlers with his brothers Troy and Trent. I ALMOST won, but alas Troy came through in the end. It was a really fun day!

On Christmas day we played with our new toys for a bit and then mosied back down to Springville to visit Meghan's house for a Christmas dinner, which, by the way was excellent!!

I also got to talk with my brother Mike, who's on his mission, on the phone for a little while! He seems to be doing well and it was so nice to talk to him again because it's been since July that I last heard his voice.

So, just to list some of our gifts, here we go:

For us: Wii, games for the Wii. For me: Sims 3 computer game, new undershirts from Downeast, nice long black coat from Banana Republic, chocolate galore, socks (my fav!), yoga workout videos, and a new iPhone! For Trev: socks, new sweater from Banana Republic, a tie, shirts from Gap, radio player plug for his iPhone in the car, golf balls, golf club cleaner and divit tool, utility knife, shoe polish kit, chocolate galore, a thumb drive, an umbrella, and some other fun stocking stuffers.

It was overall a nice, relaxing holiday! Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment