Friday, August 23, 2013

My 26th Birthday Bash

Ok well it was just a little at-home party... but it was just perfect! Charlie had just a couple days prior come down with croup and was making life pretty miserable. The cabin fever was just barely setting in, but we made do with the circumstances! My brother was in town and was able to celebrate with me! :)

Here are a couple of birthday "selfies" I took. Hey - even when you can't go anywhere on your birthday you can still dress up and look cute, right?! And Trev surprised me with this fun little "Birthday Girl" ribbon to wear all day. Totally cheesy, but right up my alley!! :D
Since all other best-laid plans (i.e. a nice date with the hubby, a party with friends, etc) were cancelled due to Charlie's illness, my only request was that Trevor make and decorate a cake for me! And that we could make a delicious dinner. Trevor cooked some delicious marinated pork chops and I made the green beans, baked sweet potatoes, and out-of-the-can crescent rolls. It was seriously delicious, though! Mmmmmm!
And finally, the above pictures show Trev's amazing cake masterpiece. He was so sweet to put all that time and effort into decorating a cake for me, and I loved how it turned out... 14 candles and all ;) To top it off, he sneaked out earlier in the day and bought those awesome "Happy Birthday" headbands for us all to wear while singing to me. Ummm, AMAZING! I was literally giddy with childish happiness. Those little tiny things really make my day feel special. Thank you so much, sweet hubby, for giving me the best 26th birthday party I could have asked for! I love you! <3

1 comment:

  1. Cute post. Trevor's a great guy and I'm glad you have someone to spoil you on your special day. :) Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete