Monday, July 1, 2013

Life As My Phone Sees It - June

Here's a look at everything we've been up to lately:

6/4 - Tuesday - Charlie had mouthwatering chocolate buttermilk waffles (with chocolate chips!) for breakfast!! Yummmm!
6/6 - Thursday - Went to the pool with our neighbors, the Fergusons! It was our second attempt at the pool and was much better than the first time (which turned out to be extremely windy, making it way too cold). It was sunny and breezy and hot, so the water felt great! And there really is nothing better than sitting poolside with my cute little boy on a beautiful day!
6/7 - Friday - We traveled up to American Fork canyon near the Timpanogos cave trail and found a great little spot to build a campfire! We ate tin foil dinners (which was almost a fiasco after forgetting our plastic forks, but miraculously I found some old silverware I stashed in our "camping" bin!) and Charlie got to experience his first ever campfire s'mores! He was exceptionally pleased with the result!
6/9 - Sunday - My zucchini plant bloomed its first blooms! And shortly after this I had a couple of small (1.5 inch) zucchinis grow! Unfortunately, I think the pot I planted it in was too small and it reached max capacity because it has since started to brown and die. It still produces some small leaves and a few unfruitful blossoms, but I don't think we are actually going to get any zucchinis from it this year. I can't wait until next year when we make our real garden in our lawn!!
6/15 - Saturday - I spent most of that week re-doing our bedroom because I didn't like the original comforter set I bought for our bed (too hot and blah colors). So, I found the art in the right side of the picture at Hobby  Lobby and decided to use it as my inspiration piece for my bedroom. Bedding from Ikea and a few items later, I have the beginnings of a heavenly room!
6/16 - Sunday - Father's Day!! Charlie got Trev this awesome 20 page picture book from Shutterfly. Trev absolutely loved it and said it was a "much better gift than a grill". Haha! The grill will have to wait ;) It was a wonderful Father's Day for Trev and I taught my first Young Women's lesson in church after having been called a few weeks prior!
6/17 - Monday - Behold, my new iMac eye candy! For photography and website design! I'm in love <3
6/18 - Tuesday - Trev had to take my car to work, so Charlie and I were stuck at home all day. To try to have some fun, I decided to get us all ready to walk up the hill to the pool. We were both very excited to swim, but when we got there we realized the pool was closed! :( The sign on the door said it was closed for "sanitary" reasons for the rest of the day. Apparently a kid pooped in the pool and all our fun was ruined! It was too hot to play on the playground next to the pool (burning slides, ouch!), so we just walked back home and chilled on the driveway with snacks, sidewalk chalk, and bubbles. Although, in the second picture, you can see Charlie still wished he was at the pool! :/
6/20 - Thursday - Here's what I got after I told him to say "cheese": A big cheesy grin and, in his words, "Ssschhhheeeee"! Right after lunch we went to Provo to see my friend Victoria and her two little boys!
6/24 - Monday - I feel like you're getting the tour of our new house bit by bit, one room at a time. Here's a peek at Charlie's favorite room in the house: the playroom!!
6/27 - Thursday - Went to the park that morning (before it was too hot) after a quick grocery shopping trip. Charlie made a new friend and they had a blast playing in the toy car together!
6/28 - Friday - Had a family night out to Orem. We ate some delicious steak and chicken tenders at Outback and then made an impromptu stop at Hang Time, an awesome new trampoline place. It's more expensive than the other two I've tried out, and not quite as kid-friendly, but it was really fun and Charlie had a blast, even if his little wristband annoyed him at times. Haha :)
6/30 - Sunday - We had some Mama and Charlie cuddle time and a mini photo session after church! We love relaxing Sundays! <3
Umm... so did anyone else notice that Charlie is eating in over half of the photos of him? Haha! The kid LOVES to eat. That and he's easier to photograph while sitting still, and the only time he's still is when he's eating!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Thanks for taking the time to do it. I know it requires a lot of attention from other things, but it is very much appreciated!

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete