Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Life As My Phone Sees It 9/3/12 - 9/18/12

9/4 - Well, who would have guessed that just a couple days after I posted that picture of my sweet Simba kitty that we would have to make the hard decision to put him to sleep... :( He stayed feeling somewhat better for a couple days after my parents took him to the emergency vet, but then on Tuesday, the 4th, he was back to looking frail, tired, and in pain. He could hardly meow and couldn't even sit down at all. It was SO sad, so my Mom made the tough decision that it was time for him to go to a better place. At 17 years old, he was just too old and too sick to get any better. I was there with my whole immediate family (minus Trev) when he died, and I honestly can't tell you the last time I've cried that much. I didn't think I'd be so sad, but it was just hard to say goodbye to such a great childhood memory! I am glad we were all there as a family, though, and now I know that my sweet little kitty is no longer suffering through mortal pains! It's so fun to think of him frolicking around in "kitty heaven" with his brother, Nala, who died over a decade ago after being hit by a car. After going to the vet, we took his body home and buried him in the back yard. We had a short funeral and remembered all the good times. It sure is hard to lose a family pet. Simba, you were so loved!
9/6 - My mom and I enjoyed some much-needed "retail therapy" after Simba died. While we were out, we found these adorable mini Converse All-Stars for Charlie. Once we got home, my Dad reminded us that he had a pair JUST like them!! So cute! :)
9/7 - Just a fun picture for comparison. My child looks nothing like me. Ha! Just kidding ;)
9/9 - Back in Utah at church... Charlie got a hold of my phone and took this picture on Instagram... silly boy!
9/12 - Got tagged in a "What are you doing now?" post. I was working on my computer with this cute boy playing in the background. Can't believe how big he is getting!
9/14 - Girls' night out at Spark! Here's my peach ring martini!
9/15 - My two sweet guys thoroughly enjoying their Saturday morning college football! <3
9/17 - Bath time was EXTRA fun... he would kick kick kick to make the water splash and giggle about it!
9/18 - He woke up with some pretty awesome one-sided bedhead today! He must have slept well... either that or I need to give him a haircut ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment