Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Date Nights in May

As usual, I'm a bit behind, but I wanted to write a bit about some of the fun date nights Trevor and I have been on this month. Just enjoying that time we have together as a "childless couple". Oh freedom :)

For our anniversary, we went to the local Scera theater production of Annie. It was really cute and wonderful! :)

Date #1 - On May 7th, we were able to join Dave and Heidi in SLC for some good tepanyaki (perhaps spelled teppanyaki?) style food at Benihana Japanese Steakhouse! Ohh man was I ever craving this food! And I wasn't disappointed, although I still favor Kanki back in Raleigh :)
The pregnant ladies:
After dinner we wandered around Salt Lake City on foot until we found some dessert. It was just really fun (as usual) to get to spend some time with friends and travel to the "city" :)

Date #2 - Last Saturday the 21st we FINALLY had a pretty, warm day and so Trevor and I took off to Saratoga Springs (west of Lehi) so he could hit 9 holes at Talon's Cove at the twilight price. These pictures were taking around 6:30 pm. Can you believe how light it still is outside? This is why I LOVE summer!! The scenery was great with Utah Lake behind us, draped by the Wasatch Mountains.
About to take the swing...
You really gotta love how pretty it is... it makes me wish I had a wide-angle lens and a wider blog so I could blow up the pictures nice and big for you :) I might have to update to Wordpress soon, especially with all of the annoying issues with Blogger recently. It'd be worth the few dollars a year.

After golf we hit up the local Chili's restaurant. I'm definitely noticing an increase in my appetite as of the last couple weeks. Baby is ready to grow GROW GROW!

But yes. I ate a lot. And it didn't even hurt. ;)

I just love the chances I have to spend time with my husband. I'm glad we enjoy being together after 3 years of marriage. And the best part is things have gotten even more fun and easier as time has gone on! Can't wait to see where the future takes us! And I hope you're taking time to have fun date nights as well :D

1 comment:

  1. I will always prefer Kanki. I still love tepanyaki, but somehow Kanki just beats all with their ginger dressing and delicious sauces that they serve with everything. Miss you girl! I think of you every time I go to yoga.

    ReplyDelete