Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Trip Back East

So, with the new year came a new job title for me! I have been promoted, in a sense, from the "Client Relations Manager" to the "Client Success Director". What does this entail, exactly? Well, for one it means I no longer have the responsibility of listening to clients' concerns and problems and having to figure out to remedy these situations. Hallelujah! A year and a half of that will just do you in. So, now I work directly with our successful clients. I get to speak with them, get testimonials from them, and sometimes I get to meet them in person!

That's where my recent trip back to the east coast comes in! On Friday, January 28th, I was able to fly out to Raleigh, NC (yay! my hometown!) to meet a client. LUCKILY, this client lives 10 minutes from my parents' house, so I got to stay with them for the whole weekend while I did some work on Saturday! Hooray!

It was so fun to see them, talk with them, go out to eat with them, and go to church together at my old home ward. Lots of awesome people and memories! I didn't get many pictures from the occasion, but I have some awesome memories of just laying in front of the gas fireplace and talking for hours with my parents. I love how you just become friends with your parents as you get older :)

After NC, I got to fly up to Connecticut to meet with a second client. I'd never been to CT before, so that was another awesome adventure! The stories and feedback I got from these two clients that weekend will soon be posted on my work's website. They aren't up yet (as of today), but if you want to check out the awesome company I work for, you can visit our website: Property 23

Anyway, I wanted to share with you a couple of pictures that I took from the plane as we originally took off from SLC the morning of the 28th. It was a really foggy morning in the valley, and as soon as we broke through the very low clouds, I could see why:
Yes, those are the tops of the mountains in the background. The layer of clouds was so thick and low that the mountains popped out from above them and you couldn't see one spec of the huge Salt Lake Valley that's hidden below those clouds.


It's crazy - almost like you'd never even know there's a large city underneath all of that! It was even more awesome in real life! I just had to share!!

Long story short, I really think I'm going to enjoy this new job. I rather like traveling and exploring new places! Next stop is probably CA before the end of the month! Hooray :)

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! it looks like snow. And little people live underground....

    ReplyDelete