Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Half Birthday (Yes, I'm Serious)

So it's confession time: I really like reasons to celebrate, and so sometimes I just do a little mini-celebration for my half birthday (you know, the 6 month mark between birthdays). My half birthday always falls on January 20th. And no, I don't expect gifts or anyone to sing to me. That would be crazy. But I DO use it as an excuse to make myself a half cake. No. I'm not kidding. See the evidence:
Okay, so I'm not the world's best cake maker, but YOU try frosting a soft, three-layer cake, okaaaay?!
The next day, I took it to work to share the goodness with my co-workers. Here's a picture of what the inside looked like (I was so excited that it looked like a legitimate layer cake!!):
And I used a box (gasp!) cake mix, but it was some sort of luxury kind, I'm CONVINCED, because it was amazing and moist! If you look hard enough in the above picture, you can see the little moist dark chocolate chunks that were in the cake batter. Good heavens. I love chocolate :)

Happy delicious half birthday to me! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment