Friday, July 30, 2010

My 23rd Birthday!

I felt like this was my first real, "adult" birthday. Trevor was in Las Vegas, I went to work and stayed late, and then watched the Bachelorette as a treat to myself :) However, it wasn't completely devoid of fun!

At work, my friend Alyssa had her birthday on Sunday July 18th and I had mine on Tuesday July 20th. So, the week before, we planned to make each other birthday cakes and celebrate on Monday the 19th! Below are a picture of the cakes we made-

I made the cake on the left: white cake with fudge chocolate frosting and hand-done flowers! Haha, okay, so it was my first time, but I was pretty proud of them!

Alyssa made the cake on the right: chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting and awesome decoration! And pink, of course! How did she know my favorite color?!?

Here's a closer look at my birthday cake with two candles on top and three on the bottom for "23":
Here we are in the break room at work with our candles lit. After a lovely rendition of "Happy Birthday", we got to blow out our candles and share our cakes with everyone. I was surprised at how good white cake is!!
On Tuesday, my actual birthday, despite having absolutely no plans to celebrate, my best friend Chris Kyle came to my rescue and invited me to lunch at her work at APX. They have a really cool "cafeteria" of sorts on the bottom floor of the office building. It's really contemporary and had pretty good food, but the best part was the company! I love you Chris, thanks for making my day!
Also, you can notice in the above picture that I'm wearing a bow in my hair that was the actual bow wrapped around a present I got from my in-laws. Haha. I try to celebrate in STYLE, baby!

Anyway, about a week-ish later, when I was at the beach in NC with my mom's sister Kristen and her family, we got a cake and sang again. Aunt Kristen's birthday was about a week before mine, so we had a joint cake!

Blow out those candles!

My Aunt Kristen's nickname is Boo and here's our cake!!
So, I guess, overall, it turned out to be a pretty good birthday - spread out - but good!

More for my record than yours, here's a list of my gifts (so far):

Lip gloss and a cookbook - from Trev's parents and crew
Rook cards for playing Nertz - from my parents
Beautiful silver bracelet - from Aunt Kristen and fam
A great birthday lunch - from Chris Kyle

And I still haven't gotten my gift from Trevor yet! He says I'll have to wait until next weekend to find out and says I won't expect it and I'll love it. I just can't wait to find out what it is, and I'll keep you posted! :)

2 comments:

  1. yay happy birthday! hope all is well with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so special to have a shout out AND a picture on your blog!!! I love you and I'm so glad that we could spend quality birthday-celebrating time together :)

    ReplyDelete