Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Splendid Sunday

Sunday was a fantastic day! After a leisurely morning and then a great day at church, Trevor and I came home and prepared for our annual fall drive! This year, we drove around the Nebo Loop (last visited: two years ago!) that goes from Payson Canyon to Nephi. Overall, it took almost 3 hours from start to finish. Here are a few pictures from our drive, but I'll be honest - the best part was in the beginning and I didn't take pictures thinking it was only going to get better, but we missed taking pictures of the the prettiest part, so imagine these pictures times 5 and that's how pretty it was!Pretty overlook somewhere in the middle of our drive:
I wish the picture of this cow were better, but I took it through the window, so there's water spots obstructing my picture! But, there were cows right on the side of the road and they were all just so funny-looking so I had to take a picture:
Pretty yellows:
And reds:
And all mixed up, it's gorgeous!!! This picture is the closest I got to the BEAUTY that we saw on our drive! It really was just amazing:
And a cave in the rocks, that Trevor calls an "Indian cave"... okay sweetheart, whatever you say :)
These next two pictures are evidence of what happens to us when we spend too much time stuck in the car with each other... we kind of start to go crazy:

And then Trevor starts talking to his imaginary hand friend, because I guess I'm just not that entertaining anymore after 3 hours :)
After we got home, I went to work making our delicious dinner of creamy enchiladas. I swear these things would kill a lactose-intolerant person. There's 6 ounces of cream cheese in the inside filling as well as 2 cups of cheese and over a 1/2 cup of heavy cream on top! Absolute wonderfulness for me... death for people like my friend Chris Kyle, who's lactose-intolerant. MMMM! :) Here they are in the pan, fresh out of the oven:
They were especially delicious served with cold salsa poured oer top, to add a bit of a different flavor and texture:
We'll probably have this dish again sometime! It was a hit! And no allergies involved :) All in all, it was a fantastic Sunday full of good food, good church, and beautiful scenery!

3 comments:

  1. If that's what y'all are like after 3 hours I want to see y'all on a long roadtrip! Those enchiladas looked awesome! YUM!

    P.S. I told Ben we have to make caramel apples now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex.,

    You are very entertaining writer though. I love the way you write the posts.

    And as well as you are a good chef.

    Creamy enchiladas looked Fab!!

    Trevor starts talking to his imaginary hand friend pic made me laugh!!!

    Happy blogging..,

    S :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those enchiladas look DIVINE! I have been looking for a good enchilada recipe, do you mind sharing yours with me? You can leave it as a comment on my blog or email it to me at s.jean.weber@gmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete