Sunday, September 27, 2009

Caramel Apple Date Night :)

So... Trevor and I absolutely ADORE fall!! And after I was inspired by Meghan's blog as she made caramel apples with her kids... and I was in the store and saw a bag of caramels with popsicle sticks for only $2 and apples on sale for 50cents per pound!!... I decided I wanted to try it too! So, we did on Saturday night as our date :)

Step 1: Melt caramel with a bit of water:
Step 2: Wash apples (don't forget those stickers!!) and push in the popsicle sticks:Step 3: Once caramel is sufficiently melted, dip apples, using a spoon to help coat up to the top:
Step 4: Put apples on wax paper that has also been buttered, for extra non-stick protection, and refrigerate for 1 hour:
Step 5: EAT!!!!!!!!! :)
Step 6: Keep eating! There's a lot of juicy goodness in there!
I loved making caramel apples and I'll probably do it again soon! They are sOoOo good and I can almost justify them as a healthy snack because it involves apples :)

Also, Trevor and I had a great day today (Sunday) and my enchiladas are ready to come out of the oven right... NOW! :) Posts to come!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, now I want an apple! You know they actually used caramel apples at my cousins wedding for the centerpieces? They were a nice take-home treat. And there was a chocolate coating on top of the caramel one, with M&M's in her wedding colors decorated on top. Let me tell you, M&M's make ALL the difference, and are SUPER yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so happy to influence you! :) Aren't they good? Yum! But I'll have to teach you the homemade caramel way... SO much yummier and not too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm! i love carmel apples!!

    ReplyDelete