Saturday, August 29, 2009

We Have Color!

After months of cultivating, watering, and a bit of tender loving care, our tomato plants have finally produced fruit! And not only that, but yesterday I came home to the fun surprise of color! One of our tomatoes has begun to turn RED! Since I've never gotten this far in the gardening process (due to cold weather killing our crops last year) I am QUITE excited that we will be harvesting some home-grown tomatoes! They're a bit bigger than cherry tomatoes but not quite the size of your regular tomato either. I think they are perfect!!
Just wanted to let you share in my gardening excitement! And, Dad, this is living proof that you can grow a tomato plant from a seed, AND on a porch in Utah that gets only a good 3 hours of bright, direct sunlight a day! It's a miracle! :)

1 comment:

  1. Truly a murakle! Your are just becoming a Na'tral U'ta woman.

    ReplyDelete