Sunday, August 9, 2009

Real Salt Lake "Futbol"

For our date last night, Trevor and I drove up to Sandy, UT to go to the Real Salt Lake game against the Seattle Sounders (or, as Trevor thought it was at one point, the Seattle Flounders--haha don't ask!). We bought tickets for the "cheap seats" but honestly, there's no bad seat in that small stadium so it was great!It wasn't too hot or too chilly... just perfect with a light sweatshirt! It was my first Major League Soccer game ever and at first I thought it was going to be boring, but it turned out to be pretty fun! This next picture is one of the "cheering section" that was to our left. These people cheered, danced, played drums, set off smoke bombs, waved flags, and threw confetti for literally the entire 90-minute game, only taking a break at the half. Wow! We thought this picture pretty much sums up the party they were having over there the whole time:So, Real Salt Lake won 1-0! It's always a lot more fun to go to a game where your team wins! :) The funniest part about the whole night was the fact that, when Salt Lake scored their one goal and everyone jumped up and went crazy, Trevor somehow injured himself! Hahahaha... by doing practically nothing more than jumping up and getting excited, he managed to do something to his knee to the extent where he now has to limp around. Talk about getting old! ;) I guess that's what happens when you're almost 25!!!! Despite his major injury, Trevor still had a fun time and smiled for a picture! Miraculously, we got it right on the first shot! :) I'm glad that I married a fun, sweet guy who still takes me on dates. I hope this continues throughout our entire lives!!

2 comments:

  1. Soccer Tickets - $15.00
    Snacks - $8.00

    Spending time with your eternal companion! -

    .....Priceless

    We love you!

    Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I was at this exact same game and I am going again tonight. Maybe one of these times I will bump into you guys. Those people who bang the drums all the time kind of are crazy.

    ReplyDelete