Thursday, July 9, 2009

Independence Day 2009 :)

For the fourth of July, Trevor and I celebrated in style. It started with a wonderful breakfast of fluffy pancakes and then a quick morning of checking for illegally parked cars near the Provo Parade. :) After checking cars, we walked over to join Meghan and Mical and their families watching the Provo parade. Apparently there were over 200,000 spectators this year. That's an insane amount for such a small-ish town!

From L to R: Caden, Cole, Ryan, and Pirate Trevor:
Pirate Alex and Pirate Trevor! :) Apparently the Pirate Island place was passing these hats out to the kids, but they were way too big to fit on the kids' heads!
After the parade, Trevor and I went back to our place for a bit to spend an hour or so together before he dropped me off at work. He went to Meghan's for hamburgers and hotdogs while I slaved away at the Buckle. But it was an interesting shift: I caught my first shoplifter! :) Woo hoo! That's an extra 100 buckeroos for me!

Well anyway, when I got off work at 7, Trevor picked me up and we joined the family at a park up in Springville Canyon so the guys could play homerun derby and the girls could chat. Here's Scarlett and Meghan, daughter and mom, having lots of fun :)
All the "kids" were out in the far field ready to catch the pop flys. It's funny because all the little kids just love to play with Trent! They tend to gather around him.
Here's my sweetie hitting the ball. I'm proud to say he was the winner of home run derby this year! :)Trevor and Maddi out catching balls. I was glad that Trev finally wore the new shirt I had bought him from Buckle.
After home run derby wore off and all the kids were soaked from playing in the nearby creek, we headed back to Meghan's house for some streetside fireworks. Everyone enjoyed playing with their sparklers. Here's little Scarlett again:I just had to take pictures of the typical "fountain" fireworks that are legal here in Utah. Fortunately, we got brave and Steve shot off a few big illegal ones that were pretty sweet!
Just another fireworks picture. I like the smoke in this one:
Overall it was a pretty fun day. I enjoyed the company of friends and family and I am glad to know I live in a country where I am completely free to choose to do whatever I want and to believe whatever I want. God Bless America! :)

1 comment: