Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hiking the Y!

This was my second time ever hiking the Y. Last time was 3 years ago, during the first semester of my freshman year at BYU. I remember not really enjoying the experience because I had a bit of a cold. So, when my brother Mike was in town and he proposed hiking it, I was somewhat wary but decided to challenge myself. Besides, Monday was a gorgeous day and the tennis courts were full. We needed to do something fun and I was up for hiking the Y! So we did! And here are some pictures we took:

Taken at about turn 3 or 4 (of 12)... I was dying by this point so we took a breather:
Mike got a candid of me hiking:
This is probably turn 7 or 8... cheering that I was going to make it!!:
And we DID make it! To the top top! We decided to go big or go home and hike a couple more turns to the very top of the Y. A nice lady took this picture for us:
Then we wanted to go back down to the trail that goes to the bottom of the Y. About 10 steps in, we changed our mind and took pictures instead. Here's Mike posing:
We made it all the way up and all the way down!:Mike posing again on top of some sort of informational monument about the Y:Jumping off.... action shot of course!:
Showing off my 10x zoom. You can see all the little people WAAAY up at the top:
Hiking the Y was fun, hard, and rewarding. I couldn't believe how steep it was! My heart was pounding and I was trying to catch my breath almost the whole way. We met a lady on the trail who said she was 52 years old and hiked the Y 3 times a WEEK to keep looking young. And I guess it works because she didn't look anywhere near 52! Anyway, I'll have to make a point to do it again sometime! Thanks for a fun adventure, Mike!

No comments:

Post a Comment