Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Delilah at 5 Months

Ahhh look at this little cutie! She's growing bigger, stronger, and chunkier every day! :)
At age 5 Months (which was November 10th), these were some facts and stats about Delilah:
  • Size 3-6, 4-6, and 6 month clothes (seems pretty true to size!)
  • Size 2 diapers
  • Breastfeeds 8-9 times a day for 10-20 minutes on one side each feeding.
  • Has started waking up more at night to eat again. Usually just once, but sometimes twice.
  • Bedtime is around 8:30pm and she wakes up usually around 7am or so.
  • Rolls over consistently from her back to her front! Yay! She's rolled from front to back a few times (on accident I think), but usually her arm is out to the side and she gets stuck and can't turn back over. Then cue the crying. I turn her back onto her back dozens of times every day, and I'm trying to show her how to move her arm so she can roll from tummy to back. :)
  • Her signature sound is a loud "Ah ah ah ah ah" when she's talking or happy. Sometimes she'll squeal or scream just for fun, too. Or cough. 
  • She's become very "hands-y". She is excellent at grabbing things: her toy, paci, my face, my nose, my hair etc. She squeezes so hard that it usually HURTS! Haha. Especially when those tiny fingernails are getting long. She's just very precise and good with her hands! With those long fingers, I'm wondering if we have a pianist in the making!? :)
  • Her favorite things are still watching and giggling with Charlie, getting cozy in her fuzzy pink and polka dot blanket, reading books, rolling over, and just being with people in general (especially sitting in the bumbo while we do things). She doesn't like to be left alone in a room with just her toys for too long.
  • Naps 2-3 times a day with the mid-day nap being the longest. She loves to sleep in her carseat or swing, and we're working on transitioning naps to the crib.
  • Ever since she was a couple months old, her little body goes through phases where, instead of pooping every day at least once, she just won't poop for a few days. During these times, she passes gas a LOT and it gets more and more stinky as the days go on. I mean, it can clear the room it's so bad!! It doesn't seem to bother her too much, but I definitely worry about it. When she finally does go, her poop is much thicker (more like pudding or paste). And then I'm really relieved! I hope things don't get too stopped up when we start solids! I don't want to have a poor constipated baby like I did with Charlie when he changed over to cow's milk at a year.
  • Some nicknames that we call her are "sis", "sissy", "D", "miss D", "sister", and "sweetie".
  • Doesn't laugh too often, but usually when she does it's when Charlie makes her giggle or we give her kisses on her cheeks near her neck. I think she's ticklish! :)
  • Loves to grab my face or Trevor's face with both hands and pull hard toward her, and then she opens her mouth and sticks her tongue out and tries to "eat us"... or, as I like to see it, give us the most wonderful, slobbery kisses we've ever gotten! :D
  • She's just so sweet and wonderful to have in our lives. I can't even imagine that I ever lived without her. She's so calm and fun to be around. The only times she gets cranky (and it can happen fast!) is if she's hungry, lonely, or really tired. But, hey, that's ALL people, right!? Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment