Friday, March 7, 2014

Happenings in January

After we flew back from our NC trip, we tried to stay busy through my least favorite month of the year: January. It's so cold, snowy, dark, and holiday-less that it can be hard to feel inspired to get off the couch and do much of anything, especially with me being pregnant. But, we did accomplish some things!

Charlie was the cutest date ever on our trip to the brand new Wendy's that opened in Saratoga Springs. I also had a full day to myself to go shopping for pregnancy clothes and home decor. I love how these living room shelves turned out! (Pictures have since been added to the frames).
We may or may not have gotten desperate enough that we went to the park when there was snow on the ground:
Daddy entertained Charlie with his block juggling skills:
I worried about an early onset of heartburn after getting it pretty bad one afternoon, but thankfully it hasn't been happening too often yet! Charlie and I also took at trip to Jump On It (a trampoline place that's free for little kids!!) with friends Jenny, Henry, and Amy.
We took Charlie to see his first ever movie in the theater! We saw Frozen. He did pretty well through the whole movie, especially considering it was almost nap time by the time we left. He loved munching on popcorn, and had a bit of a hard time sitting in the seat because he didn't weigh quite enough to keep the seat all the way down and his feet would stick up high. We had to hold him on our laps about halfway into it because he was getting uncomfortable. It reminded me of memories of feeling the same way when I was little... those movie theater chairs are annoying! ;)
We also grilled shrimp for the first time. It was actually my first time ever preparing shrimp at all! Fortunately I didn't have to de-vein them, but I did have to take off the shells and create a marinade, which was pretty labor-intensive.
We spent a lot of time eating food. Charlie had his first experience with Pez and he LOVED it:
And I did take him outside once while it was snowing (and not too cold) to play in the snow. He's not a big fan of falling in it or touching it, and it's really hard to keep his gloves on, but he sure looks cute out there! :) We I even built a tiny snowman, but he wasn't really interested in that yet, either. Haha. He mostly liked trying to chat with the neighbor kids walking home from the bus stop, and barking back at the dogs across the street.

Thank goodness January went by pretty quickly! I always look forward to February with great anticipation! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the backsplash! Tristan and I have been trying to pick ours out!

    ReplyDelete