Monday, August 20, 2012

Life As My Phone Sees It 8/8/12 - 8/19/12

8/11 - This was the day I drove up to Jackson Hole and got backed into... First pic is the front of my car afterwards (thank goodness it was still drivable!) and the second pic is a photo of the window at the tiny car repair shop in the closest town. It was closed that day, but the lady in town who ran the motel knew the shop owner's phone number, called him, and he said he's be glad to stop by to look at our cars and see if we could drive them. I hate breaking down in the middle of nowhere, but small towns where everybody knows everybody are kind of fun, aren't they? :)
8/12 - Elk antler arch at Jackson town square
8/13 - Heidi and I had a lot of fun window shopping on our girls' day (see previous post about our entire trip to Jackson Hole!). Heidi decided to show off this gem - it's a hat attached to mittens! What!??! The weirdest thing we actually saw was a fur jockstrap for men; you could buy one with a tail or without one. Gag!!
8/13 - My boys at the Mexican restaurant called the Merry Piglets in Jackson (see the pig painted on the wall in the background?). Charlie loved sitting at the table sampling the chips, rice, beans, pina coladas, and salsa!
8/17 - It was an unplanned splurging day! That morning, Trevor went and purchased his second MacBook pro (after he gave his first one to Trent to use in college). I call this new beauty "Mac 2.0"! Afterwards, he felt a bit guilty for buying something so nice for himself and told me I should go buy the camera I'd been wanting since my birthday. So, I did! The beauty on the right is my new Canon Rebel T3i.
8/18 - Ryan and his kids came to town so we went up to Squaw Peak lookout with them and the Sonnenbergs on Saturday. To our surprise, there were three guys getting ready to go paragliding off the side of the mountain! So we stayed a few extra minutes to watch them take off. It was so neat, although I'll admit I was terrified for them!
8/18 - After seeing the views at Squaw Peak lookout, we all went a little further up the canyon to Bridal Veil Falls! I was pretty excited since I've driven by it many times but I've never actually walked through the park at the base of the falls. It was a pretty hot day, so it felt wonderful to dip my toes in the freezing cold water!
Life is good. We are all enjoying our many adventures! The next one coming up starts on Thursday when we leave to fly to NC for a couple of weeks! SO excited!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment