Sunday, October 18, 2009

I LOVE Fall!

I really do love fall! It's such a fantastic season! And this fall has not failed to impress me! All starting with our drive through the canyon last month to see the wonderful colors, and now those colors have reached the valley! It's so nice to drive and be surrounded by bright yellows and reds, but still with subtle hints of green trying to hold on until the last moment possible. What I'm most upset about is that I haven't taken the time to snap photos of any of these wonderful colors!

So, in the spirit of fall, I felt like grabbing a couple new fall decorations to enliven my home. Here's my newest little find: a fall bouquet to dress up my little kitchen table...Oh! And I cant forget to mention that Trevor and I made a trip to the pumpkin patch in Springville last week to pick out our Halloween pumpkins! The patch had only been open 3 days, so we didn't have to choose from the leftovers!! :) And, as you can also see in the picture above, I got a mini pumpkin and some colorful gourds to put in a basket to make my kitchen table even MORE festive for fall!

With fall comes the crisp, cool air. And with this cool air comes my desire to cook warm, hearty dishes that warm you from the inside out. Last Sunday I made a delicious corn chowder:
Yesterday was a really fun day as well. It was such a beautiful day, and I'm glad I got to take advantage of it! First, I went to Jana's baby shower. I'm SO mad I forgot to take pictures!!!! I really need to get back in the groove! But it was wonderful to chat, see all her cute little baby spoils, and eat delicious food--including my all-time favorite pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! Yet another perk of fall!

After the baby shower, I went to meet up with Trevor, who was playing tennis with a friend! It really was a beautiful day! After watching him play tennis for a bit, Dave and Heidi invited us to go play GOLF!! Well... I've never actually played golf before. Sure, a little driving range here or there, and a lot of putt-putt, but never actually played a full course of golf. But, hey, why not? You've got to have a first time sometime, right? I actually did okay, I think, for my first time playing. But, it wasn't without it's frustrating moments. My favorite part was that Dave had found this wonderful pink ball when he was playing earlier and he gave it to me to use!! I'll try to keep it forever because it's my favorite:Well, after golf, I went to hang out with Meghan and Jana a little more. Meghan and I went to Taco Bell to get the new Blackjack Taco, which I have currently become obsessed with. It really is SO good. Haha... what a funny thing to love so much! The whole day really was wonderful, just taking full advantage of a wonderful October day and crystal blue skies.

I hope your weekend was just as happy as mine! Happy Autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment