Friday, June 19, 2009

Brand New Kitchen Floors!

So, on Tuesday (my day off of work this week), Wymount decided it was time for us to have new kitchen floors. These new floors would look nicer as well as hide dirt better (YAY!). So, I was home on-and-off during the day between going to the pool with Chris and running errands.

I had the opportunity to take pictures of the process so here they are! This first picture was when they had taken my fridge out to plug it in on the porch as well as start to take apart my stove and remove the water heater. There were two very nice BYU maintenance girls there to do this part.
This next picture is of the hole in the wall where they took out my stove. Um... gross huh? Good thing they change the floors once in a while so this stuff can be cleaned out! They also found some interesting items under the stove, including a record-shaped metal wall hanging about Tennessee country music! Haha (you can barely see half of it on the counter on the right side of the picture - it's red).This one is of the nice guy who put the grout over top of the old floor and installed my new floor! This part smelled SO bad that I had to leave and run my errands. I don't know how he has his face in that stuff all day - talk about a serious headache!!
So for your viewing pleasure, I thought I'd show the basic before-and-after pictures! :)

Before:
After:
What do you think? Do you like the new floors better? I think I do... I just kind of miss the warmer color of the old floors! Let me know! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am jealous! Our floors are disgusting. We're getting new carpet, but I haven't heard anything about fake tile!

    ReplyDelete