Sunday, May 31, 2009

Things to Update Upon

So I'm sitting here at about 11:30 pm on Sunday night waiting for laundry to finish. Yes. Laundry. Sigh. But it's a necessity so I just have to do it. I won't be to bed until well after midnight and I need to be up at 6:30 to get ready for work at 8... blah. So, I thought I'd kill time by updating my life since our anniversary at the beginning of the month. Here are some things that have happened:

1. I have started working full-time at the Buckle as a Team Lead. I am in the workings to become Assistant Manager and hopefully that will happen here in the next couple weeks. We just need to work on improving our store's sales (compared to other Buckles in the area) before it can happen. So come shop from me! :)

2. Trevor and I completed a 700 piece landscape/painting puzzle together in a matter of a few days. Piece here, piece there, and it was finished! :) It took up pretty much our entire tiny kitchen table. Here's the finished product:3. We both began reading Angels and Demons after I picked it up from the bookstore. The goal was to finish it by this weekend so we could see the movie. Well, since I have quite a bit more time, I finished it and Trevor was only about halfway through so we were going to wait to see the movie until next weekend. But, we were out at Chili's last night and he decided we should just go see it because he needed to save the 6 more hours of reading that lay ahead of him for more important things (like homework... which, by the way, he has a project due tomorrow morning and he just started it about an hour ago... uh oh). Long story short, we went to see the movie last night. It was a good movie, but I couldn't help but find myself cringing or grimacing as the director chose to completely change some important details about the book, add things in, and leave out details I thought were very interesting and pertinent to the story. One character in the book dies, but in the movie he is rescued and LIVES! Whaaa? Oh well, I've been lamenting for a while now and need to learn to get over it (or just not see movies that are based on books when I liked the book so much). Regardless, it was an ok movie and Trevor found it entertaining. I would have liked for him to finish the book and I told him he still should because it's a completely different story, but he says he probably won't. Oh well.

Now I've got to find my next summer read - Any Suggestions?

4. We are going on a CRUISE to Mexico on Royal Carribbean near the end of July! We're going with 3 other couples (YAY!) and I am so excited I've already started buying "cruise clothes" and I've made plans to get a bit tanner before then so I don't turn into a lobster. Pure white sand and crystal blue water? HERE I COME! Wahoo! :)

5. We've planted a veggie garden again this year - this time bigger and earlier so we'll get veggies before winter hits! I'm so excited and will be posting pictures soon. I would post them now, but I realized the ones I took are already outdated because the plants are growing so fast! So I'm hoping to do a "progressive" post to show the life of some of them from seedling to where they are now. That'll be fun, huh?

Well, the laundry is done. Gotta go grab it and fold it so I can get some shut-eye! ;)

1 comment:

  1. ooo...is that a thomas kinkade painting/puzzle? I love his work :)

    ReplyDelete