Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween 2009: Murder Mystery!

For Halloween night, Trevor and I attended a Murder Mystery dinner hosted by Shawn and Jana Porter and planned by Dave and Heidi Kimball. All of our friends were there: 5 couples!! The best part about a pre-planned party is that we were assigned our costumes based on the roles we were going to play. It was so nice not having to think of what I wanted to dress up as! Here we are as Madame Aretha Garlique (fortune teller/vampire/Queen of the Undead Mafia) and Asthmadeus, Prince of Dimness (Younger brother of the Devil, gambler, and royal PANSY haha)!!For the next picture: From L to R are Asthmadeus, Hannibal Schecter, Lizzie Bordeaux, Glumda the Wicked Witch of Depressed, (oh no! I can't remember Cole's - something about the Rogers and Hammerstein monster), and Angela Deth, DDS.
And here's a terrible shot of the gorgeous table the Porters had set up for us (with gorgeous china!!) so we could enjoy our sparkling cider and fondue! You may be able to spot the fondue pots on the table :)
And these next three were my attempt of getting a good picture of Trevor in character. Although the lighting was terrrrrible on this first one, I still think the grainyness adds a cool effect. I guess this is his "scary sexy devil face". And yes, he DOES have eyeliner on - to give his eyes the creepy evil look. Everyone kept saying how pretty his eyes were! If my girls end up looking more like their Dad than their Mom, I don't think I'll have reason to complain! :) Haha
Trying to get a "blue steel" shot, but he cracked up laughing right as I took the picture! I love his squinty-eyed laugh!
And, we achieved the blue steel lips! Again. Notice the eyes! And those cheekbones! Haha oh dear.
Well, Halloween ended up being REALLY fun! The fondue was great, the friends were fantastic, the game was pretty interesting, and my belly was STUFFED by the end of the night!

When we arrived home we had no candy left in the bowl we sat out for the trick-or-treaters. We later found out at church that our neighbors had protected one group of kids from taking it all... but we're pretty sure some teenage boy finished the whole bowl off for us when no one was looking. Grrr. Well - at least I saved a bag of Kit Kats in my house for us to eat for a couple days. I guess it's better NOT to have a lot of leftover candy. Let the stinkin' teenager have rotting teeth and a bellyache! Who needs that?!?! :)

Happy Halloween 2009!~!~!

6 comments:

  1. Alex, it was so much fun! I'm glad you made a blog post for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like lots of fun! I've always wanted to do a dinner like that! You guys look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So who was the murderer? Sounds like so much fun. I think the provo library actually does murder mysteries too. You can do them as a date (but I think you need at least 3 couples) and they have 3 different games you can choose from. No costumes needed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I love how Trevor's character was a pansy demon. What a fun night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice make-up Trev! Thats a pretty good look for you. :) Those murder mystery parties are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always like to join kind of this party. Its looked like you guys have lots of fun.

    I liked your dress and suit with you. You done nice make up on Trevor.

    Thanks for sharing, Alex.

    S :))

    ReplyDelete