Now, let's talk about how much Delilah has changed over the last month! She is really blooming into a cute little toddler, and I couldn't be more thrilled with how much fun she is right now. Here's her 11 month photo. She has had a cold this week, so her nose is a little red and she's not smiling from ear to ear, but she still looks adorable:
Here are Delilah's latest statistics:
- Size 9 month and 12 month clothes
- Size 3 diapers
- Completely weaned! Yay! She drinks 4 bottles a day, with 5-6 ounces in each, for a total of 20-25 ounces of milk each day. It's nice to be done breastfeeding!
- Between bottles, she will have snacks or meals with us when we eat or when she's just being cranky. Some of her favorite snacks are banana pieces, frozen peas, cheerios, veggie straws, graham crackers, and ritz crackers.
- Basically sleeps through the night! Hooray! Probably 1 day a week she will wake up in the night crying too hard to go back to sleep without a bottle. She usually wakes up in the morning between 6:30am and 7am, ready to have a bottle. Sometimes she'll go back to sleep, sometimes she won't.
- Still naps twice a day, most days. Usually around 10am and then again around 3:30pm.
- New words: "Cra" for cracker and "Die" for diaper.
- She's getting ready to walk! She walks proficiently around the furniture, and does a pretty good job walking while holding our hands for a short distance. She has taken up to 7 steps on her own before dropping, but usually she takes 3-4 steps and then nose dives toward the person she's walking to, so you've got to be quick and catch her or else she falls on her face. Whoops! :) I'll try to upload a video I took where she decided to start walking at me and I didn't do a great job of catching her. Haha.
- Her tricks include: Folding her arms on verbal cue ("D, fold your arms" or "Let's say a prayer"), clapping her hands on verbal cue, waving hello and goodbye, blowing kisses, clapping and saying "YAY" when she's excited about something like walking, pointing, and making mouth noises with her hand.
- The bottom middle two teeth finally popped through this past month!
- She loves to make mischief like pulling the silverware out of the dishwasher, pulling clothes out of the drawers or laundry basket, pulling the DVDs and CDs out of the TV stand, dunking her hands or other objects in the toilet, flushing the toilet, ripping magazines, pushing around ALL of the dining chairs, and just generally torturing Charlie by wanting to touch all his toys. I absolutely love how mischievous she is... I can never be mad at her for anything!
- Likes to sway back and forth to "dance" whenever she hears music.
- Anytime I go out front of the house without her, she'll crawl over to the window next to the door and peek out and happily yell and bang on the door. Silly girl :)
- I just love how determined and tenacious she is about life. When she sets her mind to something, she will not forget about it unless you can completely distract her with something more interesting. I hope that personality trait will serve her well in life.
We are amazed at how smart, sweet, and obedient she has become. I hope she always stays this obedient, but let's be honest, she has to be 3 years old at some point. :) Maybe she'll stay more obedient and set a good example for her big brother, who needs all the help he can get in that department!
Here's that video of her taking a couple steps and then falling, as promised. She promptly started screaming after I turned off the camera, haha: